Helles Yeah

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
After spending much time here reading threads last year I implimented a lot of changes in my brewing style. I was always one who had no patience. Bubbles stopped id check grafity if it was on in the bottles it went. drinking them the next week. In various threads i found so many flaws with what i was doing. so i decided to make a change. I got munich helles from my hbs and since temps were just right for it i went full on lager(my basement is 48-50 atm). I wated the full 2 weeks the directions recommended for the primary. transfered to my carboy(as my bucket wont fit in my beer fridge) lagered for 4 weeks(yes there was a diactyl rest there) bottled waited 6 days(ok all impatience is not gone yet) cracked one last night best brew I have ever made by a long shot. :ban: Thanks everyone for all the help.

congrats! try and drink slow if you can, they only get even better as time goes on. especially if you store them in the fridge, they kind of re-lager, it's great.

This thread is inspiring me to brew some more lagers. i'm brewing an oktoberfest next month. maybe i'll brew another lager after that.

Back