Sanitizers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abmangus1

Reaction score
So I just ordered my first starter kit for brewing my first batch ever. I'm really excited to get to brewing but I wanted to make sure that I do everything correctly. The kit I ordered came with easy clean no rinse cleaner and I was wondering whether or not it is also a sanitizer. I know that it obviously says cleaner on it however one site that I was browsing said that it was a sanitizer as well. Can anyone offer me some insight into my dilemma?

It's not actually a sanitizer by FDA standards, but it's darn close. I've used it on many batches and never had a problem with it, though some people like to be very sure and use a starsan or iodophor solution. Many home brew shops carry one or both. In my opinion the one step, no rinse cleanser will be just fine for your first brew as long you make sure to clean everything well.

Good luck with your first brew! :mug:

One step works great but it is ridiculously expensive. I buy sun cleaner from Walmart. $1.99. Th same thing in one step is $25. Then for sanitization I use starsan. You can't neat starsan, .20 of an oz makes a gallon of sanitiZer and you can just spray it on and no rinse.

Latest posts

Back