Just bottled my first beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fadeux

Reaction score
It was a Hefe. I got impatient last night and popped one. (Been bottled 24 hours) I did hear the Phht when I opened it, it was still flat, but it tasted pretty good. Alot like bananas actually. Ill probably open one again tomorrow night. Like tom petty said "The waiting is the hardest part."

Go out and buy a six pack of something, and give those brews at least 3 weeks in the bottles to carb up, and another week in the fridge for cold conditioning.

Congrats, though, on first batch bottled :mug:

I know, I'm bad. But the intructions say 1-3 weeks. is 3 weeks pretty much mandatory for any brew? As far as the 1 week of cold aging, this is the first I am ever hearing of it. Could someone elaborate on this please?

Dude, you need to chill! I know it's hard, but trust us. Let your beers be by themselves for a few weeks. There are a lot of good craft brews at your local market. Congrats on your beer!
:mug:

Patience.........One of the hardest things to learn.
Give it some time, you will be glad you did.

I know, I'm bad. But the intructions say 1-3 weeks. is 3 weeks pretty much mandatory for any brew? As far as the 1 week of cold aging, this is the first I am ever hearing of it. Could someone elaborate on this please?

Cold con is simple, when a beer drops below 40F the yest which is still in solution falls out and gathers on the bottom of the bottle, in fact any sediment does. Cold con helps your brew clear and helps mellow certin flavors given to beer when its warm... most euro brews arent ment to be Cold con they acutlly are better warm, most american ales its almost a must... try it... if you cant wait then youll just need to brew more because youll drink it all before it gets really good

Cheers

The best therapy for me when I grew impatient was to brew another batch. Gave me something else to stare at instead of my conditioning bottles. Now it's a habit, and I have six different brews in seven cases cluttering up my closets, with ten more gallons in primary.

Back