Pale ale recipe thoughts??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
im new here and relatively new to home brewing beerso forgive me if i sound stupid. Ive got a recipe for a coopers pale ale type beer, what are your thoughts on the recipe?? Also feel free to share your recipes of any great coopers pale type recipes that have turned out great, coopers pale is one my faveroite session beers to drink . i am doing extract and starting to do partial mash. The recipe is:

2 kg LDME
700g dex
18 g pride of ringwood hops
200g caraamber
100g carapils

Steep grains in 60-70 degree celsius for 30 min
Remove grain bag , add 200 g of ldme, bring to boil and simmer.
Add hops and set timer for 60 min.
Add all ingredients to fermenter
Pour hop boil through strainer into fermenter.
Top up to about 21-22 litre mark with cold water.
Pitch re cultched coopers pale yeast.

No secondary will be putting straight into keg once ready.
Shall i do an addition of cascade hops or leave as is.
Any feedback would be much appreciated
Cheers

i think that recipe is lacking, but it depends what kind of pale ale you're trying to achieve. 700g of dextrose is alot for this style of beer and there definitely won't be any hop flavor/aroma as is. i'd ditch the dex and definitely add in some later hops. should be an easy drinker as is, but just with some subtle malty sweetness

This doesn't sound great to me. I like my pale ales to have a lot more hops character (way more late additions), and POR is not a flavor hop. Have you thought about starting with a recipe from this site, and maybe modifying it?

Yeah i am thinking of adding cascade hops late in the boil and halving the amount of dex, i want the abv to still be above 4.2%

Probly cascade hops at 20 mins and more cascade hops at 10 mins for flavour and aroma. where about do i find recipes on here??

Latest posts

Back