HELP! Refrigeration Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiborg12

Reaction score
So i bought a kegerator and it did not get cold so i took out all of the guts from it and put in the guts from another mini fridge that worked. The cooling unit on it was one of those freezer type units. I hooked it up and the compresser starts up and there is no refridgerant leak but the freezer unit will not get cold. Below are pictures of the inside. I have no idea why it wont work could someone please enlighten me?

Kegerator Back.jpg

Kegerator Inside.jpg

no refrigerant leak does not mean that there is still refrigerant left in it. did the "new" guts work before you transplanted them? does it get cold at all?

if you aren't already familiar with refrigeration systems, its nearly impossible to diagnose over the interwebs unfortunately.

yes the new guts worked perfect the mini fridge was ice cold. I was wondering if maybe the freezer unit had to be enclosed in a small area possible to get cold enough to cool the fridge? i made sure to be careful and not bend or tweak anything

Latest posts

Back