Grains are in the mash tun!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
A little under 10 pounds of grain .....filled the mash tun with hot water while I heated up the actual mash water ( 3 GALLONS). Got the mash water to 170+- degrees and dumped the water out of the tun and poured in the mash water...added the grains and stirred it up and the temp read 150+- degrees ( hard to be EXACT with this thermometer but 150-152) put the top on and covered it with a blanket....got my hops ready and heating the sparge water in two seperate pots right now. I will get my first run and figure out how much sparge water I need ......then we are off to the boil... I cannot believe how excited I am......like a kid at christmas.. I GET TO USE MY WORT CHILLER!!!! LOL

5 minutes to go on the mash...sparge water is up to temp and the boil pot is itching to go.

should we tell him now that we switched the labels between the HLT and MLT?
don't confuse me...my thermometer took a crap and I had to to guess. It PARTIALLY worked so I hope my temps were not too far off. Wort is in the brew pot little over 6.5 gallons.

boiling away!!! first hops in. This pot is working great!!! good hard boil.

In the fermentor and cleaned up. The wort chiller worked GREAT! Boiling to 70 degrees in 15 minutes. I did have to top off with a half gallon of water and it messed up my hydro reading ( I hope) otherwise I missed it by 6-7 points. Target was 1.039 I got 1.032

Sorry. Brewing the centenniel blond recipe I got from here. Made the extract version a while back and it was a hit. Gonna brew again wednesday but I gotta get a better thermometer first. Did I mention the chiller worked great lol??

I have airlock activity already. S-05 yeast ( brew shop was out of Nottingham)

just put this beer into secondary...gravity has been at 1.012 for a couple days....tastes weak and watery. It is cloudy as heck also. OH WELL my BMC drinkin buddies will like it lol.....

Way to go Nube. Not enough to impress Yoda though. Reminds me of my first all grain batch 30 years ago. Little to excited I think, can we see some ID to verify that you are of drinking age. lol

Back