Guess That Triclover!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
So I got this filter housing on Ebay, had it shipped to my in-laws house, and they're out of town for a few days. I want them to measure the flanges on either end so I can tell what I'm dealing with, but the anticipation is driving me nuts. What size flanges do YOU think they are? For reference, the housing was listed as 8"x3", and I assume the large triclover is a 2.5" sized clamp if it has a diameter of 3".

Milliporehousing.jpg

:cross:

Top and bottom are probably 1.5" triclover. Large center clamp is either a 2.5" or 3" (can't easily tell from the pic). From the description, I'd say more likely a 3" sanitary clamp.

Nice.:ban: I'm trying to use exclusively 1" triclover piping, to prevent stasis of fluid in the system. This is good news, because I was worried it might be a 1/2" or 3/4" "mini" tri-clamp fitting, which would require more obscure parts.

Claudius, how do you lke that sightglass? It's from St. Pat's, right? Do you recommend the 1" or 1.5" in terms of flow/visibility? Also, how do they perform if you install them horizontally? I'm trying to devise a tricked out way to illuminate the sightglass from behind.

What's your source for all that nice tri-clover equipment? I see a lot of good stuff on ebay, I just wonder if there's a good (affordable) "retail" option.

:mug:

It's from St. Pat's, right?

Yes for all my SS clamps and elbows, etc.

Second choice vendor
http://breweryparts.com/index.php/f...-tri-clamp-174/sight-glass-tri-clamp-174.html

Claudius, how do you like that sightglass?
No complains at all.

Do you recommend the 1" or 1.5" in terms of flow/visibility?
1' for liquid is enough, for mash 1-1/2"-2".

Also, how do they perform if you install them horizontally?
The same.
I have the sight glasses installed both ways.

Clear_Run_Hell2.jpg

I'm trying to devise a tricked out way to illuminate the sightglass from behind.

Vertical mounted with LED lighting.
Currently working on an in proofed clip on version.
Wheatbeer.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Claudius, you were right :) The top and bottom are 2" diameter, with 7/8" ID. So that makes it a 1". It'll be used as an inline hopback. I'm pretty sure the big one is a 2.5", wondering if I can insert anything in between the 2 segments to increase my functionality, like a tee so I can flush with water, etc.

I'm pretty sure the big one is a 2.5", wondering if I can insert anything in between the 2 segments to increase my functionality, like a tee so I can flush with water, etc.

I am guessing, the big one is a 3" version.
The 2-1/2" has an O.D. of 3-1/2" installed.
008.jpg

My Filter housing unit is a 4" O.D. and 3" I.D. for the strainer and holds a standard cartridge.
Clamp size is 4" or 5-1/4" O.D.

012.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Latest posts

Back