ferm chamber problem. Please Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
Turned on ferm chamber, Basicly it is a small display cooler that can hold to 2 carboys or cornys.

Turned it on and went down yesterday and it was warm.
Turned it off and let it sit for a day and and turned it back on tonight and it sounds like a gurgleing noise inside like water with h20 going thru it.

Its not getting cold at all...Any idea's?
I havent been "working" it that hard. Made a lid for it and all i have to do is barley turn it on to keep it at 63 degrees... When i want to crash i turn it up anouther click and it hits 45 without a problem. There is like 10 settings on it and i never go past 1. If that gives ya any idea.

Any ideas whats wrong with it?
Fixable? To spendy to fix? It was free...The only cost i had was a roll of duct tape and the $12 dollar sheet of insulated 1 1/2 inch white board.

So i basicly got no more than 20 bucks in it.....

Just hate to loose my ferm chamber....hate useing water bottles and wet shirts if ya know what i mean.

Thanks for your help.

I agree that something is wrong, I disagree about calling a repairman.

The money you spend paying someone to repair it or paying someone to come out and tell you what it's gonna cost. Is better spent buying a new one.

a gurgleing noise inside like water with h20 going thru it.

???

It sounds a bit like a problem with the compressor. They're often replaceable, but I would try to get it repaired (instead of doing it myself).

sorry sounds like air bubbleing thru the water. lol

Maybe while its tore apart maybe i might get a controller to slap on it instead of guessing where the dial needs to be. That is if it is fixable

*update*
Was told today by a repair man it most likely would the freeon *sp?*
He is supposed to give me a call and see if it is able to be charged up.

Thanks again for all your help.

Controler question tho, How hard is it to wire one up?
Price?
Brands, I know there is a few brands..Pro's? Con's?

Back