Bottle Capper - Super Agata

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A capper will not insert corks. To insert corks in a Belgian beer bottle you will need a champagne corker. These can handle the larger diameter corks required to cork a carbonated beverage. The corks require considerably more compression than regular wine corks and you will need wire cages.

If you are trying to cap champagne style bottles then that capper will work if you get the larger 29mm bell housing. However you cannot cap the bottles usually labeled Belgian beer bottles like are used by Chimay. These can only be corked.

Craig

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/colonna-capper-corker-creating-indentations-92306/#post999532

I found this post that some people do cork Belgian bottles with a colonna capper/corker (though I've never done so).

I stand corrected. I did not think you could just press the corks into the bottle. I thought they would have to be compressed first. I still don't think it is the best way to cork a bottle but if others have had success then it may work for you.

<edit> The colonna capper has a corker adapter that compressed the cork in a funnel so it will fit in the bottle. The Super Agata does not have the same mechanism. So i still do not think the Super Agata will work to cork Belgian bottles. See link below for a description of how the Colonna corker works.
http://www.slobrewer.com/howto/corking-belgians/

Craig

I stand corrected. I did not think you could just press the corks into the bottle. I thought they would have to be compressed first. I still don't think it is the best way to cork a bottle but if others have had success then it may work for you.

<edit> The colonna capper has a corker adapter that compressed the cork in a funnel so it will fit in the bottle. The Super Agata does not have the same mechanism. So i still do not think the Super Agata will work to cork Belgian bottles. See link below for a description of how the Colonna corker works.
SLO Brewer » Corking Belgians

Craig

I agree, the Supaer Agata is not useful for corking as far as I can tell.

Back