Anyone have this false bottom?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have one that has perforated holes, same size, and it works very well. i bought it on ebay for less than the one you link to.

I'm using a false bottom, in my keg mash tun, from NorCal/Jaybird... I went with the 15" model, with the handle and hinge (so that I could get it in/out of the keg) and hole drilled in it for the dip tube. Works GREAT.

What are you planning on using the false bottom in? Instead of going the cheapest route, why not get the correct one for the job? You don't need to go with the most expensive one, just one that's not going to be replaced later when you're fed up with it. I've done that with enough hardware to be good paying a bit more the first time. That way, it ends up costing me less in the long run (when I get that item anyway)...

Right now I have the one with holes in it, using it in a rubbermaid cooler. It just looked cool and they claim better efficancy so was wondering if anyone has this particular one...Always looking for the next cool thing to add to the home brewery....lol

Back