My bottling wand is gone...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rflem550

Reaction score
shattered.......

I was really hoping to bottle my pumpkin ale this weekend and cant get another wand.

Anyone see an issue with using the tap at the bottom of my bottling bucket and just using the valve to shut on and off? might attached about 8 inches of tubing to the tap.

If you use just the tap, you will aerate the beer and it may oxidize in the bottle. If you must, use the tube and the spigot till you get around to getting another bottling wand.

Hint: Buy two this time. :D

I think you should add to your hint: Don't leave the wand out on your deck where your dog can get hold of it. lol

I just had an idea.....i may break the small end of my racking cane off, file it down and use it as a wand.

I went to bottle some Apfelwein last weekend and I could not find my wand anywhere! I loooked and looked for it. I ended up doing like Edwort said, just hooked the tube to the spigot. Worked fine.

The short end broke off one of my racking canes, so I cut and filed it just as you mentioned. I used it the other night with my bottle-filling attachment and it worked great. If you don't mind losing the angle on one of your canes, go for it. I've found it handy in other cases too and the siphon seems to go faster without that extra bend.

You may use the hose and raise rhe bottle so you actually stop the siphon action.

Holy thread resurrection. ..
I just logged in on my mobile and was using the "similar thread function" and didn't check the dates before posting...
In he oter side...
This may duplicate eeerrr...triple my post count....

Back