6 days of bottle conditioning 1st batch... and....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickme23

Reaction score
HOLY SHNIKE! It's everything I hoped it would be and it's not even done conditioning!!! Carbed nicely, beautiful color, a little too much :ban: esters but a great Hefe! :rockin: I'm so freakin pumped! I can't imagine how much better this is gonna taste in 3 weeks! How does anybody drink BMC swill after they've had a homebrew?!?! Can it be a tiny bit of an EAC twinge in this heart two sizes too small?

So I've written a poem for you all...

And the EAC, with his EAC-tongue tingly cold from the brew, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the EAC thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Beer, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Beer, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Patience....resist the urge to plow through your stockpile. I did and was rewarded by lots of tasty brew. But in the mean time crank a few more batches out and pass the time.

Dude, I've already got a brown ale finishing up primary ;) I'm letting those Hefeweizens sit in the closet for another 3 weeks, I'll snatch one a week till my pipeline is full and I have enough coming that I won't drink it all :)

Don't swear off all commercial beer just yet... I often get ideas for new recipes by something I've tried. I'll give you a hint - it's not a BMC product, but something that I got at the Grape & Gourmet...

a hefe is great at 6 days bottled, and should have esters. it's meant to be consumed young. letting a hefe age? sacrilege...

And the EAC, with his EAC-tongue tingly cold from the brew, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the EAC thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Beer, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Beer, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Too much Banana in a Hefeweizen??!! You're lucky the Beer Gods don't strike you down where you stand!!!

Seriously though, congratulations!

Someone with just 23 posts and using EAC? :mug:

I may only have 23 posts but I've been lurking at this board for a year and a half... You don't have to rack up thousands of posts to figure that one out.

I think the next brew is going to be a Trappist style beer.. you know just in case....:mug:

Don't swear off all commercial beer just yet... I often get ideas for new recipes by something I've tried. I'll give you a hint - it's not a BMC product, but something that I got at the Grape & Gourmet...

Well I searched but all i could seem to find is an English Barleywine? I really do want to try a barleywine but sadly I live in a place where they seem to be impossible to find...

Well I searched but all i could seem to find is an English Barleywine? I really do want to try a barleywine but sadly I live in a place where they seem to be impossible to find...
I wasn't suggesting a SPECIFIC beer, just that my local specialty store (Grape & Gourmet) stocks a TON of beers and has beer tastings every Thursday. Throw caution to the wind - find a local store that carries a crap ton of beer and try something you've never tried before. If you like it, brew it! That's all I was getting at...

Exact Audio Copy

And thanks everybody... Also I lied when I said I was only going to drink one per week till my pipeline was going better... savoring the second one this evening while I'm waiting on the potatoes to finish cooking so I can have mashed potatoes with my meat... the wife is gone for a few hours, I'm relaxing, not worrying, and having a homebrew and it couldn't be better :tank:

I wasn't suggesting a SPECIFIC beer, just that my local specialty store (Grape & Gourmet) stocks a TON of beers and has beer tastings every Thursday. Throw caution to the wind - find a local store that carries a crap ton of beer and try something you've never tried before. If you like it, brew it! That's all I was getting at...

I want a store like yours.... "Beer tasting Thursdays"? how great is that?

Let me paint a picture of my situation....

Best bud from college and I walk into a brand new gas station half an hour from my house (closest beer.. that's right, 30 mins to the closest beer) Huge walk in cooler, easily 20'x15'. They had exactly these beers in the whole cooler.

Budweiser
Bud Light
Coors Light
Miller Lite
Miller Highlife
Natural Light
Natural Ice
Olde English
Heineken

needless to say we didn't drink any beer that night...

I'm sure I was too disgusted to notice, yes that was almost certainly there... *shudders* Oh and Busch most likely... in the realtree camo cardboard box :rockin:

Back