PLEASE Help with my Hef

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig_reed

Reaction score
So, my tangelo hefeweizen (tangelo is a mix between a regular orange and grapefruit) has been in the primary for 17 days now.

I am afraid that it has been in there much too long and am not sure if I should move it to a secondary, or just bottle it (tonight!)? I know there is no need for a secondary, especially with hefs that are supposed to be cloudy anyways, but thought I would ask an opinion.

What do you guys think? Did I leave it in the primary for too long?

Thank you for any advice given.

I would take gravity readings a few days in row to make sure they don't change. When I did my hefe. I did transfer, but only because my primary was my bottling bucket. The general rule around here seems to be leave it in primary for three weeks, then bottle it up.

Cris P.

Okay great. I mean I figured.

It was done fermenting at the 10 day mark, but I had some unfortunate family illness to attend to, so this got pushed to the back burner. I had just read on here, that leaving hefs in primary for too long was not advisable.

I know that my beer will be okay, and I know that hefs are supposed to be drank "young".

Thanks COLO

Okay great. I mean I figured.

It was done fermenting at the 10 day mark, but I had some unfortunate family illness to attend to, so this got pushed to the back burner. I had just read on here, that leaving hefs in primary for too long was not advisable.

I know that my beer will be okay, and I know that hefs are supposed to be drank "young".

Thanks COLO

No problem, and actually that IS young, it will be great!

Back