Digital Temp Controller ?'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skibumdc

Reaction score
So....I want to use an external temp controller to regulate temp in a keezer and a separate kegerator.

Looking at both the analog Johnsons Temp Controller and Brewers Edge II Digital
Ignore prices as I can probably find them cheaper elsewhere.

My questions
1) With the Digital Temp controller, if the unit loses power (house loses power), when power is restored does it retain the previously inputted settings? Or does it have to be re-adjusted?

2) Any negatives for Analog besides larger Temp swings or 3*?

I know that the A419 digital keeps the settings without power. The other benefit to digital is that it's also a digital thermometer. With the analog, you're still going to want another thermometer to verify the temps for piece of mind.

I know the Ranco 2 stage I have will keep settings if the power goes off. I like the fact as Bobby has stated it is a digital thermometer as well. In Michigan I like the 2 stage so I can cool and heat at the same time. We have crazy weather swings around here and with the 2 stage I am always within 1 degree of target.

Back