What are you brewing this weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petho

Reaction score
What will you be brewing? I'm going all in on a Red Ale that should have a very hoppy aroma. :ban:

I think I'm going to brew a big ol' brown ale tomorrow. I suppose it's not very summery, but I've never tried the style.

Will (hopefully) be doing my first all-grain batch this weekend, a simple IPA. Still a bit of work to do on the keggles, then a dry run with water. Wish me luck.

good luck CS...

brewing a CDA tomorrow... splitting the batch and pitching a belgian yeast in one half.

My first attempt at All-grain is going to be the standard Pale Ale with cascade and williamette. I'm freaking excited after two years of extract brewing.

brewed an ipa today, and going to barrel-age some of it and drink the rest soon. going to do a lambic tomorrow, and maybe an apa sunday

Ed Worts Bee Cave Robust Porter on Sunday and an all Falconer's Flight IPA on Monday...really excited about the IPA

must be a weekend for NW red ales. got the goods at my local hbs to do the same. what kind of grains/hop bill u guys using?? yeast?

Hopefully brewing a recipe of my own Saturday and again on Sunday for my uncle. He brought me a few kegs and loads of base malt. crystal malts and yeast today so its the least I can do.

7.4 gal batch
9.5 lbs. Pilsner Malt
2.2 lbs. Munich Light
1.32 lbs. CaraPils
0.22 Malted Rye

90 min boil

3.2 oz Hersbrucker 3.2% for 60 min.
and possibly 1/2 oz Saaz for 10 min.

Dortmunder Export Ale is kind of what I am going for.
Would have liked to have some Tetnanger hop for it

nice touch with the rye. i love that in brews....

12 lbs. 2-row
1 lb. md crystal
1/2 lb. dark crystal
1 oz carafa
1 oz columbus (bittering)
1 oz cascade (flavor)
1/2 oz cascade (finishing)
1/2 oz whole leaf cascade dry hop
water salts and wyeast 1056 american ale yeast

I am going to brew a nut brown ale based off of Lil' Sparky's recipe from this thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f67/nut-brown-ag-30187/.

I changed it around a little bit.

TYPE: All Grain
Batch Size: 5.50 gal
OG: 1.057 SG
Color: 17.1 SRM
IBU: 22.3 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.0 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients
Amount Item Type % or IBU
9.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 76.6 %
1.00 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 8.5 %
1.00 lb Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 8.5 %
0.50 lb Victory Malt (25.0 SRM) Grain 4.3 %
0.25 lb Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM) Grain 2.1 %
1.00 oz Fuggles [4.50%] (60 min) Hops 14.4 IBU
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00%] (15 min) Hops 7.9 IBU
1 Pkgs British Ale (White Labs #WLP005) Yeast-Ale

Mash Profile

Single Infusion, Medium Body
Total Grain Weight: 11.75 lb
Grain Temperature: 72.0 F
Sparge Temperature: 168.0 F

Name Description Step Temp Step Time
Mash In Add 14.69 qt of water at 169.2 F 154.0 F 60 min
Mash Out Add 8.23 qt of water at 197.6 F 168.0 F 10 min

Brewed up a Dry Irish Stout this afternoon.

Type: All Grain BIAB
Batch Size: 6 gal
OG: 1.062
IBU: 40
SRM: 41.9

8.5 lb Maris Otter
1.0 lb Crystal 75L
0.5 lb Chocolate Malt
0.25 lb Black Patent Malt
0.75 lb Roasted Barley
0.5 lb Carapils

1.3 oz Galena [11.0%] @ 60 min

US-05 (washed from Porter)

Mashed @ 155.0 F

BIAB with single dunk sparge.

Hit the OG and final volume right on the money!

Doing and "Americanized" Tripel today

6lbs Belgian Pils
6lbs Vienna
4oz Special B
2lbs Turbinado

Centennial Hops for both bitter and aroma

T58 yeast

Lemongrass and Fenugreek added with aroma

Been experiment with different spice combos and this one has an amazing spice and citrus that I think will blend well with the hops

Well seeing everyone is posting their recipes:

Flying Squirrel IPA
10lbs 2 Row
1 lb Flaked Rye
6 oz Victory
Falconer's Flight for bittering/aroma/dry hopping ~60IBU
3 grams Gypsum
Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley I
Mash @152

My second All Grain batch will be a Stout....I may try your recipe Willum.

Have you made it before?

Not yet. I am brewing that one for the first time tomorrow. Lil'Sparky's original recipe seemed to have a bunch of great reviews. I only changed the things I did because my wife loves traditional English beers. I hope my finished beer ends up tasting something like Samuel Smiths nut brown. If it doesn't oh well I will still drink it anyway :)

After brewing my stout yesterday, just bottled my Apricot IIPA today (small experimental batch from an oops of having too much in the fermenter). Sweet bejeesus... it is freaking unbelievable! Kind of wish I would have done the whole batch that way now. Was a ***** bottling only a gallon of it with all the apricot particles floating around, but I think it's going to be worth it!

just bottled my Apricot IIPA today

This sounds totally delicious. I'm in the dIPA mood as I just drank a Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster in my oversized snifter. Apricot would have been a wonderful complement to the already wonderful flavors swirling in my glass.

If I have time, I'm going to make an APA from all leftovers:

(3-gallon batch size)
Amount Item Type % or IBU

4.00 lb Light Dry Extract (15.8 EBC) Dry Extract 88.89 %
0.25 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (3.9 EBC) Grain 5.56 %
0.25 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (78.8 EBC) Grain 5.56 %
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [10.40 %] (60 min) Hops 31.4 IBU
0.50 oz Cascade [6.00 %] (10 min) Hops 6.6 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo Gold [10.40 %] (5 min) Hops 6.3 IBU
0.50 oz Cascade [6.00 %] (0 min) Hops -
1 Pkgs American Ale (DCL Yeast #Safale US-05) Yeast-Ale

The extract is from an AHS order where I just added it to get above $100 (I figured I'd use it up at some point before it went bad, and I was right!); the crystal malt and Amarillo hops are from Yooper's DFH 60 clone; the Cascade were going to be for a brown ale, but at the last minute I changed my mind and decided to use only Fuggles; the US-05 I just kinda have on hand in case need it; and lastly, the Cara-Pils is not actually leftovers -- I had already put this recipe together and thought it would benefit from either more crystal or some Cara-Pils, and then I just happened to be at the LHBS for a totally different reason and decided to grab a bag of Cara-Pils. I have to do a full-boil in order to get enough hops utilization, but according to Beersmith I should be alright.

Latest posts

Back