THIS is the correct way!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sir, have me very jealous. I am stuck at work although I volunteered and am getting paid double time and a half to sit here and play on HBT. I would much rather be brewing and enjoying a cigar. How do you like the Anniversary? I have always wanted to try that one but never have.

Double time pay is always a plus. Especially if you can put the money towards brewing!
The Anniversary was a really nice smoke! Mild, not sweet, easy draw... I recommend it!

I decided on a spontaneous, last minute 4 gallon BIAB Amber today. I decided to smoke a Padilla Edicion Especial 2006 with my homebrewed White Pepper Saison. The spicey taste of the saison pairs really nice with cigars, but I wasn't a huge fan of the Padilla. It was a little to bold and robust for my tastes...
Cheers!
IMG00705-20120707-1335.jpg

Damn... I forgot about this thread and didn't take a picture. Not brewing right now, but I'm sitting on the balcony enjoying some homemade absinthe and a Romeo y Julieta Medallas de Oro Vintage Maduro.

Damn... I forgot about this thread and didn't take a picture. Not brewing right now, but I'm sitting on the balcony enjoying some homemade absinthe and a Romeo y Julieta Medallas de Oro Vintage Maduro.

Wow, homemade Absinthe!? That's interesting. I can't stomach Absinthe. I just can't do anise flavor. I've heard there are varieties that don't taste that way. I'd be willing to try it, if they do!

How do you like the Romeo y Julieta? I have one on standby....

It's very nice... much smoother than I expected with such a dark, oily wrapper. A nice easy pull, dark cherries with a peppery finish and thick smoke. Absinthe is definitely not the best pairing with any cigar, but this stuff is harsh so I was actually hoping the R&J would overpower it. I didn't make it by the way. Look up Bottlebomber if you want to get your hands on some.

It's very nice... much smoother than I expected with such a dark, oily wrapper. A nice easy pull, dark cherries with a peppery finish and thick smoke. Absinthe is definitely not the best pairing with any cigar, but this stuff is harsh so I was actually hoping the R&J would overpower it. I didn't make it by the way. Look up Bottlebomber if you want to get your hands on some.

Thanks for the review on the cigar! Sounds great! I'm looking forward to mine!
I'll have to pass on the absinthe, though! I had a crazy, bad experience with that stuff and a crazy woman one night. It's fun once! I actually own absinthe glasses, spoons, and special sugar cubes, but that's because I collect stuff like that...

Latest posts

Back