THIS is the correct way!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likewise, 4-5 hours is quite a long time. Did you have to keep relighting it? Properly smoked a cigar shouldn't go out at all. If it worked for you that's really all that matters. I've smoked a cigar in about 4 hours, but it was a Tatuaje RC233, which is a 56 ring gauge over 9 inches in length.

A quote from Winston Churchill upon relighting one of his famous Cubanos: "Slightly gamier when resurrected"

Well ok.
2012-05-06_14-06-29_714-1.jpg

I don't brew any other way. Always have a cigar and beer when I Brew. I live fairly close to CI. Its one giant humidor.

Likewise, 4-5 hours is quite a long time. Did you have to keep relighting it? Properly smoked a cigar shouldn't go out at all. If it worked for you that's really all that matters. I've smoked a cigar in about 4 hours, but it was a Tatuaje RC233, which is a 56 ring gauge over 9 inches in length.

That is a fine cigar there! The longest I ever smoked a cigar was just over 3 hours - an LFD Salomone LTD from 2008. It was about the size of the RC233 and knocked me on my a$$.

That is a fine cigar there! The longest I ever smoked a cigar was just over 3 hours - an LFD Salomone LTD from 2008. It was about the size of the RC233 and knocked me on my a$$.

The RC233 remains one of my favorite smokes, you just need to have the time to dedicate to it. And plenty of sugary snacks/beverages to take the edge off the nicotine.

Part of that was the fact that I kept getting side tracked by brewing. I did indeed have to relight a couple times. I didn't mind too much, though. In reality, if I was not pre-occupied with brewing it probably would have only been about 1.5 hours to finish...

Part of that was the fact that I kept getting side tracked by brewing. I did indeed have to relight a couple times. I didn't mind too much, though. In reality, if I was not pre-occupied with brewing it probably would have only been about 1.5 hours to finish...

That makes more sense. I've found there are certain activities I can't do while smoking or the cigar just gets neglected and goes out. Brewing might be one of those, though I haven't tried doing both at the same time.

I already planned on babysitting one a bit more next time I brew to keep it from going out. I was kind of just neglecting that first one I smoked last time....

Brewing an APA today. Smoking a Cain F and had a Lost Abbey Judgement Day followed by my own Blonde. Great Saturday.

ForumRunner_20120609_134905.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120609_134846.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120609_134846.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 210
Brewing an APA today. Smoking a Cain F and had a Lost Abbey Judgement Day followed by my own Blonde. Great Saturday.

Nice! I smoked my 40 Creek with an Old Rasputin that was aged for a few months while I brewed my White Pepper Saison today!
IMG00676-20120609-1154.jpg

White Pepper Saison sounds intriguing.

It's a bit of a "kitchen sink" brew. I wanted to brew something with saison yeast since my house gets so hot this time of year. I didn't have pils so I used 2 Row and MO with some rye malt and torrified wheat. I decided to play on the peppery notes that come from fermenting warm with saison yeast by adding a couple tspn's of white pepper at the 2 minute mark. The wort tastes great! It came in at 1.048, so it should be a good summer drinker....

That actually sounds really good. Keep us informed on how it comes out.

I sure will! I hope it does come out good, cuz I made 9 gallons of it. Usually I experiment with a gallon or two first. I had a good feeling about this recipe, so I went balls out with the 9 gallons :rockin:

Now this is the way to brew:
img00127-20120617-1801-55273.jpg

Big fan of cigars, but bigger fan of pipes. This is some GL Pease Stratford tobacco in my Savinelli.

I've considered a pipe. My grandfather smoked a pipe and I was given one when he died 35 years ago. I've always wanted to smoke it occasionally to honor him.

Big fan of cigars, but bigger fan of pipes. This is some GL Pease Stratford tobacco in my Savinelli.
Nice!
I've considered a pipe. My grandfather smoked a pipe and I was given one when he died 35 years ago. I've always wanted to smoke it occasionally to honor him.

I was actually telling my mom that I want a pipe just today. I can remember my grandfather smoking one. I like the aromatics that come from pipe tobacco..

A nice combo are the cigars made with pipe tobacco. You get the great aromatics that way too.

I LOVE cigars, but I cannot smoke because it took me FOREVER to break the nicotine addiction... You people enjoy, tho, I do understand the appeal!

I'm not brewing or drinking beer today, but I'm enjoying a Maria Guerrero that a good friend gave me with some Makers Mark..
MariaGuerrero-1.jpg

Yesterday I discovered I liked my cigar better with whiskey than beer, but I enjoyed both!

No smoking with beer for me. Whiskey (scotch, bourbon, whatever) goes much better with a pipe or cigar in my book.

Pease makes some great blends. I particularly like Westminster.

A nice combo are the cigars made with pipe tobacco. You get the great aromatics that way too.

There are also pipe blends made with cigar tobacco.

For cigars, I really like 5 Vegas A and Miami. I got a sampler on cigarbid of 5 miami, 5 A, 5 classic, and 5 Gold for $40. I wish I would have gotten more. They are solid for the price. I really like pipes, though. I have pounds and pounds of tobacco cellared and aging. I really like English blends in the fall/winter and Viginia/Perique in the spring and summer. I'm trying to get into lakeland aromatics, too, but they're so expensive!

Brewing my Independence Day Stout whilst enjoying a Warsteiner Dunkel clone and a CI Anniversary...
IMG00702-20120704-1021.jpg

Back