Sani-Brew Sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almac

Reaction score
greetings all. first post! :D

i just got my first batch going today. new cooper's kit with the LAGER kit.

simple question.
is sani-brew reuseable? or should i be tossing it out after each use?
please forgive my inexperience.:eek:

cheers,

mac

:mug:

I'm basing this on my own experience, but I've used it over a few times, when it sits for awhile, it'll start to turn to a brown/rust color. I believe that's just the minerals or whatever in the water separating or something. I also read in a few places that its not a 'contact disinfectant' and that equipment has to soak for up to 20min to become sanitized. I personally never done that because I don't feel like making 5 gallons of bleach to sit in a bucket.

I've used it as a contact cleaner and reused it over like I mentioned and haven't ruined any beer yet (that I know of!) Everything pours and tastes fine =) Though I make sure everything is clean before using it to disinfect.

I wouldn't use it over and over and over or anything, but what you use to disinfect your fermenter and bottles with can be used to do both.

Back