New high/low ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyacovett

Reaction score
Ok, so my wife is 9 months pregnant. We have a 2 year old girl already, and she is carrying my first son. I brewed a triple to commemorate the occasion. Last week all I could think was ... Brewing will be tough for awhile. So last week I brewed a wit (my wife likes Belgian brews). Tonight I am brewing an American brown. I pulled a bottle of the triple to give or a try ... pretty good, and only in the bottle 2 months.

that is the high.

The low??

She is upstairs having some contractions ... most likely prelabor .... But still.

Is that bad that all I can think about is getting my brewing done??

haha! I have 3 girls, ages 1, 3 and 5. I still get a brew done without much interference. they like doing little parts of it.

I do have to shake the busted up crayons out of empty carboys now and then before I use them. Just part of the sanitation procedure now.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! My guys are 18 and 16, and it seems like only yesterday when they were tiny, like yours. It goes quickly, friend.

Don't worry, life will be crazy and you will be tired for a while, but there is a good chance this will last a few months only, and then you can figure out how to fit a brewday in once a month or so.

It's time to let it go for a bit and focus on your wife's needs. If you somehow manage to find some free time in the next few months, try to spend it on small projects for brewing. Some small upgrade, or simply reading up on it some more. Let your wife see that you are still very interested in brewing, but never let her think that your brewing comes before her and your family (even though you want to brew REALLY BAD!)

It's not like your going to have to take a year off or anything.

And the contractions are not a "low". This is going to be an exciting time for you. Think of the fun you'll have with your new son in the future. Nikobrew has a T-shirt for sale that says "microbrewer" on it, and it comes in infant sizes. He might even have onesies...

The "low" was the fact that I was brewing, while she was having contractions. But still no baby this morning, just prelabor contractions.

That is good advice about still working on brewing, without spending the extended time needed to actually brew ... such as reading and upgrades and such.

Back