Help!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wunnup

Reaction score
Ive got a recipe that uses 6-row pale malt but its not available to me at the moment, what alternatives do i have, please help brewing tomorrow, at least i hope so.:mug:

The major differences I have found have been that 6 row has higher diastatic power, meaning it can convert more starch to sugar if used with a grain lacking diastatic power from being kilned higher and 6 row has more husk per unit volume making it a good choice when mashing with wheat or rye which wants to be sticky. The extra husk forms a better filter bed.

RM-MN said:
The major differences I have found have been that 6 row has higher diastatic power, meaning it can convert more starch to sugar if used with a grain lacking diastatic power from being kilned higher and 6 row has more husk per unit volume making it a good choice when mashing with wheat or rye which wants to be sticky. The extra husk forms a better filter bed.

And if you are using a bunch of adjuncts.

Back