is it too late to start?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivot

Reaction score
I was wondering, I would be planting in Southern Ontario, and was wondering if its too late into the season to plant some hop rhizomes. I would only be getting a chance to plant some this weekend, and was wondering do you guys think I should wait until next year, or could it still be okay right now?

also I was thinking of planting two different varieties, and was wondering which you guys like to grow? I enjoy mainly english and american style beers.

I am in northern Michigan, so possibly further north than you would be. My first year plants did very well when I planted them in mid June last year.

I just started mine in pots and I live in northern Idaho. We haven't been getting any sun though, I think they would be doing allot better if it was a bit warmer out.

From what I understand there won't be much hop production for the first year, I am hoping to get enough for a few batches though.

Good luck and I like the avatar also. :p

If you can find the rhizomes go ahead and plant. You're really looking for the plants root system to get established the first year. If you get some hops it's a bonus.

Latest posts

Back