Need a taller than wider aluminum pot (120 quart). Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrLucky

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am building a single tier all grain setup. I already have a 20 and a 25 gallon pot. I was originally planning on doing 15 gallon batches, but in case I want to do 20 gallon batches, I was going to buy a larger (30 gallon) kettle. Two questions:

1. Will a 20 gallon HLT and a 25 gallon MLT allow enough room for a 20 gallon (plus boil off) batch?

2. If so, I am looking for a 120 qt (30 gallon) aluminum pot. There are numerous on the web, but all the ones I have found, along with the two I already own, have a similar width vs height. I am looking for an aluminum stock pot that has more (preferably much more) height vs width. Any one know a good one? The only brand I have found that has a noticeable difference in height vs width is Vollrath, but the price is about $200 more than other 120 quart aluminum pots.

Thanks in advance!

In the restaurant world you won't find a pot that is tall with a small diameter. It does not work for us. I am Dove Soap sure you will not find a 120qt pot mush less than 22" in diamter.

I have a Wearever pot that is very tall and thinner than most . You might be able to find one from them. I think it was a pot used on a ship as its stamped US Navy 43 . Its narrower than the 60 qt next to it the lid from the 60 overhangs on the 120 by at least and inch and a half all the way around . Maybe they still make one like it.

new1.JPG

I have a Wearever pot that is very tall and thinner than most.

That is a beautiful pot. I have searched high and low for that pot after seeing it, but can't find anything larger than a 100 qt, and that one was $300+. Where did you get yours and what did you pay for it?

That is a beautiful pot. I have searched high and low for that pot after seeing it, but can't find anything larger than a 100 qt, and that one was $300+. Where did you get yours and what did you pay for it?

your gunna be sick .. I rescued it from the waiting arms of a dumpster ... free

*EDIT*

The link above is the wrong one, it is basically the same, but thinner. Here is the correct link for the pot:

http://equipcousa.merchantengine.com/prodDetail.cfm/2377928,Alegacy Stock Pot 120 qt.,MX0

It was $140 plus $20 shipping. I got a call the other day that shipping should have been $40. Rather than argue, knowing this was still the best price for this pot, I said sure. It is 1/4" thick.
Hope you're happy with the pot :) Sorry about the freight faux pas, won't happen again ;)

Back