No carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zrule

Reaction score
I recently brewed a Russian River Brewing, Pliney the Elder clone and bottled with 4 oz of cane sugar since I didn't have any corn sugar for priming. (I have used cane sugar before with good results) I have waited a week and no carbonation! Is there anything I can do to salvage this? I usually have carbonation after a week. can anyone help?

I would just let it sit another week and see what happens. Lots of times theres not a lot of carbonation after 1 week. What temp are you carbing at?

RDWHAHB

Thanks bigred....I will try again in one week. If no carbonation, i will uncap and drop in some coopers to see what happens. Temp is 68 f

My pliney clone is going on 5 weeks and I have zero carbonation. I also used about 4oz of sugar. Not sure what is going on but people said with such a high alcohol % beer it takes a longer time to carb. Check yours after 4 weeks.

Thanks bigred....I will try again in one week. If no carbonation, i will uncap and drop in some coopers to see what happens. Temp is 68 f

Bad idea. Lack of carbonation isn't due to a lack of sugar. It is due to stressed out yeast pooping out. Adding more sugars will only result in eventual over-carbed beer. I'd wait four weeks and see where they're at. If the carbonation is still non-existent, I'd buy a pack of US-05 yeast and put a few granules into each bottle.

Latest posts

Back