Question about my brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbbeyDubbel

Reaction score
So I've had Williams Brewing Company's English IPA in my primary for going on 18 days. The hops from the kit are English Fuggle and Hallertau hops. I like a bit more of a hop-bite to my beers so I decided to go with a dry-hop (I know technically that disqualifies it as an English IPA but w/e). Anyway, I went to my LHBS and asked for his advice on what kind and what quantity of hops to dry-hop. Unfortunately at the time I wasn't clear on what exact hops were used. Not knowing the hops, he recommended I dry-hop 1oz of Cascade. I did that 3 days ago (2 weeks into my fermentation).

Note: I dry-hopped into my primary.

My plan now is to let the dry-hop go for another 4 or 5 days (1 week total) and then to bottle. Does this sound like it will turn out ok?

My major questions are:

1. Will the mix of Cascade, Fuggle and Hallertau turn out alright?
2. Is one week for the dry-hop alright or should I let it sit longer before I bottle? Going by my current timeline I will be bottling after 3 weeks in the primary. My FG is 1.020.

Thanks!

Kind of a mismatch, but it will turn out fine

2. Is one week for the dry-hop alright or should I let it sit longer before I bottle? Going by my current timeline I will be bottling after 3 weeks in the primary. My FG is 1.020.
Let it sit for two weeks, you really want that smell and taste to come out, your beer is not going to go bad in your fermenter

So I've had Williams Brewing Company's English IPA in my primary for going on 18 days. The hops from the kit are English Fuggle and Hallertau hops. I like a bit more of a hop-bite to my beers so I decided to go with a dry-hop (I know technically that disqualifies it as an English IPA but w/e). Anyway, I went to my LHBS and asked for his advice on what kind and what quantity of hops to dry-hop. Unfortunately at the time I wasn't clear on what exact hops were used. Not knowing the hops, he recommended I dry-hop 1oz of Cascade. I did that 3 days ago (2 weeks into my fermentation).

Note: I dry-hopped into my primary.

My plan now is to let the dry-hop go for another 4 or 5 days (1 week total) and then to bottle. Does this sound like it will turn out ok?

My major questions are:

Thanks!

Should taste just fine.. The cascades will defnitely add a citrusy aroma but probably wont a whole lot the the "bite" you speak of.. No worries. RDWHAHB. Let it sit at least two weeks

If you like a hoppy bite, you will need to boil with the hops. A dry hop only adds up front and aroma. You won't get a hop bomb dry hopping.

The more you boil the more the bite.

Latest posts

Back