Question on fermentation temps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewyourbrews

Reaction score
I brewed a bock a couple weeks ago. And I'm wondering how it is progressing. It still bubbles from time to time from the airlock (5g carboy).

One thing I recently noticed, which is why i'm concerned, is that bock's need to ferment at cooler temperatures. Mine has been at a constant 60-62, which is a low ale temp. How will this affect the output.

I brewed a bock a couple weeks ago. And I'm wondering how it is progressing. It still bubbles from time to time from the airlock (5g carboy).

One thing I recently noticed, which is why i'm concerned, is that bock's need to ferment at cooler temperatures. Mine has been at a constant 60-62, which is a low ale temp. How will this affect the output.

What yeast strain did you use?

What yeast strain did you use?

according to my kit, it was either Wyeast Bohemian lager #2124 or Wyesast Euro Ale #1338; i'm sure those make a big difference

I believe it was the ale yeast, however I don't really remember. I think the lady at my LHBS said that it was harder to screw up if i used it, but again, I don't really remember.:eek:

Any ideas?

It was in primary for 7 days and its been in secondary now for about 9. I need to keg it, but I'm not sure what the deal is or if there is a way for me to 'save' it. I called the LHBS and they said they sold me the Wyeast #1338 the euro ale.

I doubt you need to save it. It may not be as clean a lager as you may have hoped, at those temperatures, but I can't imagine the fermentation temperature would lead to beer you would spit out onto your Mother.

TL

I doubt you need to save it. It may not be as clean a lager as you may have hoped, at those temperatures, but I can't imagine the fermentation temperature would lead to beer you would spit out onto your Mother.

No beer can be that bad

Do you have a hydrometer?

yes, and my starting gravity was right on with what the kit called for; i will pull a reading tonight

Back