No Cones Yet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I've got a couple first year plants. They were growing so well and exploding basically. Then the flowery burrs showed up (and lots of them!). But the plant slowed/stopped growing (as expected).... And still no cones weeks later. What's up with that. I've seen on here other first year plants already producing cones. Any thoughts?

image-1370531931.jpg

I have 4 different varieties and all show burrs. So far, only one (Magnum) has produced a few cones. Might be dependent on the variety I guess. Hopefully we'll all see some more cones soon! :rockin:

My Centennials are all heavily coned, but none of my Chinook or Cascades have anything but a crap ton of burrs so far...

Cheers!

you'll be fine most of ours are all still in the burr stage trasitioning over to cones.

Same problem as the OP. 2nd year cascades and other varieties took off with a vigor during the rainy weather this spring & early summer. Awful heat these last few weeks which I believe caused them to slow down. Plenty of burrs… cones are just starting to form.

Back