• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Whole lot of Brewing Equipment - Chicago Suburbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timboosh

Reaction score
Homebrewing Equipment for Sale

I have this habit of trying hobbies, then buying an exorbitant amount of crap in support of said hobby… only to be followed by either a loss of interest in said hobby, or finding a new hobby that occupies enough time to get me out of the old one… so… Here I am hoping you want to buy some of the stuff I bought with good intentions, but lack of follow through on my part. I figured I'd post here first and let you all have a stab at it... In a week or so, it's going on CL...

(FWIW, though I haven't posted much, this forum has been an AWESOME source of info on Brewing, and I'm probably not done, I just want to switch gears for a while...)

Older Beverage-Air BM23 Kegerator –
The good (for the homebrewer): Converted to a triple-tap for use with 5 gal Corny/Ball lock kegs. Will hold 4 ball lock kegs with a little finesse. Gas is plumbed to the outside of the unit. It gets COLD – like cold enough to freeze a keg if you wanted to (no, I've not damaged any of the kegs by freezing them...). Comes with a Johnson Controls A419 Temp controller (no, I won’t separate these). Has a three output manifold installed on the inside for gas to the kegs.
The Bad: The glass rail was ripped off the top by the previous owner (Yes, ripped, not “removed carefully”). The Thermostat in the unit is set on full cold and corroded (hence the A419 – though it could be replaced for about $25). It could also use a new door seal. This is more of a unit that you'd want to put in your garage than in your living room, but as I said, it does work well.

Six (6) 5 Gal Ball Lock Corny Kegs –
All in clean good condition and ready to use. A few could probably use new O-Rings. Currently, two of them are in use in the kegerator.

High pressure Propane burner – Bayou Classic SP10

11 Gallon Stainless Steel Kettle w/ lid – Bayou classic, straight up, no fittings, etc.

4 Gallon Stainless kettle with lid – thin walled “economy” deal.

(2) 6 gallon glass carboys

(1) 5 gallon glass carboy

20# CO2 tank- Currently on the Kegerator and is probably about ½ full. Came with the kegerator when I bought it. Been around for quite a while, so it’s probably out of test.

5# CO2 tank- Brand spankin’ never even filled.

Triple Gauge dual regulator – medium quality unit, but works very well. (the one you get from Midwest Supplies with their "Brewlogic" system)

Single gauge single regulator – older Tap-Rite, higher quality unit.

25’ Stainless Steel Immersion Chiller

Igloo Marine cooler mash tun – 48qt, CPVC manifold, brass ball valve. Works like a champ, holds temps well. I got 80% efficiencies without even trying too hard…

Perlick sanke adapter – came with the kegerator. Currently fitted to the single regulator with a party tap for use with sanke kegs.

Misc – 2 cases of bottles, caps, hydrometers, spare hose, some grain, buckets, air locks, blowoff tubes, & mason jars, and some other odds and ends.

I might be shooting for the moon here, but… If I could sell the whole lot without breaking it up that would be preferred, And, I’d be willing to put together a better deal. (I think if you add it all up, you’ll realize that it’s a pretty good deal… I’ve got close $500 in the Kegerator alone.)

$1300 OBO takes all.

I don't have any with me at the moment (at work), but, I am willing to get pictures together and send them to any interested party...

At this point I will only sell locally, sorry. I'm willing to work with you on local delivery of the gear.

Please email me with questions. EDIT: In order to be fair to everyone, PLEASE EMAIL ME. NOT PM. I apologize, I did not realize that there was a limit on my PM IN/OUT box and it's now full (@ 5 total). Not trying to break forum rules here - just trying to be fair to everyone who may be met with an "inbox full" message.

Thanks,
Tim
[email protected]

Definitely interested in the corny kegs (and possibly regulators, manifolds, 11 gal kettle, and 5# tank) if you decide to break it up. I have family in Chicago burbs as well that could pick up for me.

Thanks.

I would be interested in the cornies and carboys. I am in the burbs too and could meet you today.

EDIT: In order to be fair to everyone, PLEASE EMAIL ME. I apologize, I did not realize that there was a limit on my PM IN/OUT box and it's now full (@ 5 total). Not trying to break forum rules here - just trying to be fair to everyone who may be met with an "inbox full" message.

All, Thanks for the replies and PMs... All have been replied to.

In the event that I decide to split things up, I will put offers out to people in the order that I received them - try to be fair to everyone.

Thanks again.

Back