Chinook Hops - Bay Area, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacketsdb23

Reaction score
Hey all...

Trying to find some Chinook and Centennial Hops for my celebration ale clone I'm trying to put together. My main beerstore in Concord, Ca is out of Chinook hops. Anybody know where I can buy these (even online and having them shipped?)

Thanks!

Hop Availability Chart - Brew365

Is the web site I use frequently when I need a certain hop. No other hop will give you *exactly* the kind of resiny pine-y kick you get from Chinook, but if you can't get it in time for your brew, Galena could work well.

But it looks like Williams Brewing might be the place closest to you to have them. Otherwise Northern Brewer seems to have it too.

Cheers! :)

I checked with Williams about a week ago and they said out of stock for next 6 month, for the Chinook, that is. I haven't been able to find Chinook anywhere including my LHBS.

Northern Brewer & Austin Homebrew both have them listed in stock on their website. BOth prices are same price.

I placed an order with NB for both Chinook & Centennial.

7.99 shipping though.

Oh the price of a good celebration ale....:mug:

Also call the Chico Home Brew Shop next time. They are too small to handle large orders of hops at this point, but they can help out with smaller orders. Shipping should be minimal and very fast as it's coming from Chico. Ask for Dawn, she is the brew shop owner.

EDIT: Last time I was in the shop, hops were still $2.00 for 2 oz. of whole hops. Pretty crazy prices, but I'm not complaining!

Back