More flavor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaBeer

Reaction score
I am on my second extract brew, so Im a newbie. I made a batch for some friends, that typically drink Bud Light or Miller Lite, that are helping me move next weekend. (What better way to get help, than to offer them beer?) I made Muntons American Style Light. I have taste tested it and it lacks body and flavor. Any ideas on steeping some grins to help?

I'd say you succeeded if it lacks flavor and body if the batch is for lite beer drinkers. Not bashing on those beers but I believe most lite beers finish up around 1.000---indicitive of no flavor or body. Good job!

On your next batch, you can steep ~.5 to 1 lb crushed crystal 20 for light color,sweetness and body, or the same amt of crystal 60 for more pronounced caramel color and flavor.

Enjoy the beer you brewed now as is and adjust your next batches. Believe me, your current batch will be gone before you know it.

Welcome to the hobby and cheers!

Back