The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice day for a drive today so I swung over to Strange Brew to grab some DME to grow some yeast.
fwiw, Brian is running a sale on all of his Blichmann stock - I believe he said 40-50% off MSRP.
He has a lot of kettles and FBs 'n' stuff so anyone looking for a steal might want to swing by...

Cheers!

Ahahahaha! Brew gear sirens singing in your head, daily. What conflicted fun! :D

But...I am concerned that this is another step toward the end. There wasn't much for ingredients on hand today. No bueno.
I've been on speaking terms with the folks that run the Emporiums in Cambridge and West Boylston for many years, and have swung over to Jasper's in Nausea recently while in the area, so there are alternatives. Just not as convenient as a pleasant 15 minute ride through our boonies...

Cheers!

Yup. NFG use to be my place. Not because it was close but because of the people. I wonder what the owners r up to now.

Jasper is my place now but it seems to get smaller and smaller everytime I'm there. I guess Strange brew should be my place now. Before it was kind of disorganized.

Jasper is my place now but it seems to get smaller and smaller everytime I'm there.

Really? I've seen Jeff grow the inventory of Jasper's quite a bit since he moved from downtown Nashua to Amherst St. He dumped the bottle shop portion to focus more on equipment and has significantly expanded the number and types of malts he has on hand.

Anyone interested in a three keg horizontal HERMS system. I just don’t have time to do full on ten gallon all grain batches any more. And I don’t need to drink that much any more. I haven’t used that system in probably six years, it’s just taking up space in the cellar.

Fully functional, tri-lock fittings, (the hoses probably should be replaced) that makes great beer. With the two false bottoms it has (made by Jaybird from here on HBT)I found that I got crystal clear run off if I used at least one ounce of whole leaf hops or plug per batch.

I have a twenty five foot counter flow chiller with those fittings that goes with it, it works incredibly well.

I still have a five gallon cooler setup so I can do five gallon all grain batches so I’m not stopping brewing but I’ve got to start cleaning the basement out.

Make a reasonable offer.

Sweet, but I have a question. When does anyone need to drink that much? Seriously I don’t have the room for that. Maybe that dland fella will come off the island and take it off your hands.

dland already has a 10+ gallon rig. Got to mention though, I found it takes about the same amount of time to brew 10 gallons as 5, which is why sold a very nice 5 gallon rig and set up the bigger one after just two batches when I started brewing again.

When I get too old to heave my keggles around I'll likely set up a more permanent brew space, (even indoor) and move to an even larger, permanently plumbed brew rig. Might do sooner if I score a nice jacketed 1 bbl conical.

I suspect from some of you peoples' posts some are drinking commercial beer on the side too, that'll cut down your need to brew even faster than decrepitude.

Really? I've seen Jeff grow the inventory of Jasper's quite a bit since he moved from downtown Nashua to Amherst St. He dumped the bottle shop portion to focus more on equipment and has significantly expanded the number and types of malts he has on hand.
It's been a while since the move from downtown Nashua and did see an increase of inventory but for me the dumping of the bottle shop I didn't see an increase. Maybe I'm biased but the last two times I went in there I was looking for a mead setup. Simple small glass fermenters and extras which they didn't have. However I could see how they wouldn't want to take up space on something like that. They did seem very busy tho. I know I could easily find glass jugs but figured I'd give local money.

I do miss the bottle shop section tho. He always had very small NH breweries. Then again the place a couple of blocks down the street comes close.

fwiw, don't expect discount sales signage on Blichmann stuff, that's counter to retailer agreement.
This is on the down-low to be sure. Bad timing that Brian wasn't there, I'm not sure Bill or any other staff would be able to make as good a deal as Brian...

Meh. It didn't take long for Maine's lineup to bore me, and that was years back already.

The Spousal Unit needed a dinner out and in the offing I ran into a 16oz can of "Northern Haze" from True North Ale Co.
Never heard of the beer or the brewery (and I thought Ipswich owned Ipswich. Who knew there was room for another player?)
But I actually said "This is as good as any neipa I've done" loud enough for the wife to hear. She didn't disagree :D

So, yeah. I'd hit that ten ways to Sunday before a boring Lunch...

She did say 'I do'. She's trapped with DT forever. I hear their brewery is a nice visit. There's also a nice restaurant on the way out to Plum Island with a nice view of the sunset and a good taplist. Usually has that on tap. I forget the name

Yup, she did, and we're 42 years into Forever. Proof that there ain't no escape ;)
Anyway, thinking she and I will take a nice drive up to Ipswich, hit True North first then go over to Ipswich for a late-ish beer lunch...

Ok. Someone’s got to say it. I don’t f’ing care if people think I’m an azz hole, I agree. I am.

BUT... I flat out don’t like NEIPA’s. There is nothing about those beers I enjoy. They are startlingly out of balance, the hop combination makes me want to brush my teeth, and the chemical undertone of all the road salt they add to achieve a beer that looks like the Mississippi River is probably carcinogenic. Can’t we just go back to a time when everyone isn’t trying to out-extreme each other?

Stop the madness. I was at The Witches Brew recently picking up the makings of a batch. I spent $20 or so. I guy I know came in and got ingredients for a NEIPA. 18 ounces of hops for five gallons of beer. Cost him over $80. F’ing absurd. He brought some of his last batch in to share. I needed a knife and fork to get it down. F’ing madness.

Ok. Someone’s got to say it. I don’t f’ing care if people think I’m an azz hole, I agree. I am.

BUT... I flat out don’t like NEIPA’s. There is nothing about those beers I enjoy. They are startlingly out of balance, the hop combination makes me want to brush my teeth, and the chemical undertone of all the road salt they add to achieve a beer that looks like the Mississippi River is probably carcinogenic. Can’t we just go back to a time when everyone isn’t trying to out-extreme each other?

Stop the madness. I was at The Witches Brew recently picking up the makings of a batch. I spent $20 or so. I guy I know came in and got ingredients for a NEIPA. 18 ounces of hops for five gallons of beer. Cost him over $80. F’ing absurd. He brought some of his last batch in to share. I needed a knife and fork to get it down. F’ing madness.

Pains me to say it, but I agree.
I can’t wait until the IPA craze wains and people start wanting browns, reds and porters. It is hard to find these at a lot of the stores because of the stupid amount of IPAs.
Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

"Browns, reds and porters! Oh my!" :D
Does anyone drink browns, reds - or ambers - these days?
Porters I enjoy - but I suspect that puts me in a very small cohort.

I like a really good pilsner lager. Those aren't easy to find, either...

Cheers!

Fathah’s frum Dorchestah , Muthuh’s frum Meffud. Born in Maldin. Worked twenty yeahs in Dorchestah. Used to drink in a since closed joint in Southie for evah.

The skank is the most aggravating sound source since my ex.

Shut yah friggin’ pie hole!

Quahog. Upside the head. Multiple times. Might even go with a surf clam on a stick.

(I’m sure she’s a lovely woman, heart of gold, donates to charity, doesn’t cheat on her taxes, helps old ladies cross the street, rescues stray timber wolves, etc...

Death by quahog!)

Effin eh.. we all do, I suppose,,,,have some sort of speech variation that is..

Shyit, even the robo call phone bots have an accent, which is cool, , , on one level anyway,,,,you can tell where they're from..

Latest posts

Back