Anyone have a modular home?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatjonguy

Now with 57.93% more awesome!
Reaction score
Any body have a modular home or has built one? Not looking for mobile homes, I am looking at the prefab segments that are flatbed delivered and put on a basement with a crane.

Any experiences would be appreciated!

I wasn't aware there was a difference from ones loaded onto an above ground support structure and those put on a cement slab or basement. I'm sure somebody here will have some good thoughts for you.

We had a modular built after tearing down our old house. We decided to go with a bi level house with the bottom floor being superior walls, and the upper floor being the modular house.

What do need to know?

We built a mod in 2010 after our house burnt. We have a Mannorwood and love it. Its a 2 story on a full basement.

Ours came out of PA and traveled north to the Canadian Border. No real issues. Its interesting to go from a basement to a house in 6 hours.

What specifics are you looking for?

Just quality of build and the overall satisfaction with the process. After it was pieced together, how soon did you move in?

The quality of the build was good. All good materials. We upgraded to all wood moldings, solid pine doors, ceramic tile and berber carpet. If you come up with a floor plan they can build it.

The quality of the set crew/finish crew was good. They were a little slow but overall we are satisfied.

We ordered the house in September set it in October and moved in December. I had done all the electric/heat/ plumbing myself. The only thing their electrician did was hook up the main panel. After that they want heat ASAP after for the sheet rock contractor. Once you have electric/heat/water it goes quickly.

Let me know if there is anything else.

Back