Leslie's Hoppin' Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95strat

Reaction score
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
1 lbs Caramel Malt - 60L (Briess) (60.0 SRM) Grain 2 14.3 %
6 lbs DME Golden Light (Briess) (4.0 SRM) Dry Extract 3 85.7 %
1oz Columbus (Tomahawk) [12.50 %] 30min Hop 4 25.6 IBUs
1oz Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 25.0 min Hop 5 10.2 IBUs
1oz Glacier [5.60 %] - Boil 20.0 min Hop 6 9.0 IBUs
1tsp Irish Moss (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 7
4oz Malto-Dextrine (Boil 5.0 mins) Water Agent 8-
1pkg Munton Standard Ale (Munton-Fison #2290) [23.66 ml] Yeast 9 -
1pkg Nottingham (Danstar #2325) [23.66 ml] Yeast 10 -
1oz Glacier [5.60 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 11 0.0 IBU

Above are the ingredients to my first ever design, wasn't overly happy with it, as it was too hoppy, and alcohol content was too high, this designed for my wife and she won't even touch it, was looking to get as close to an IPA as possible without leaving the APA specs. Doesn't seem to be balanced correctly, but I wanted a lighter colored beer, so I didn't add alot of specialty grains.
There will be a version 2 and I am hoping to get some feedback from the more experienced fellows and/or gals out there to help me with adjusting it. Looking to be schooled a bit, so all feedback welcome good or bad. I have brewed a total of 15 gallons and 10gal, was from a kit, and at this time I can only do extract brewing, so my experience is very limited.

Thanks in advance

Tasting Notes: Achohol content very high, need to adjust for version 2.0. Extremely Hoppy, may have been over done due to dry hopping.

Back