Is there a dishwasher repairman out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medo

Reaction score
Ahoy hoy,
For the last week my kenmore dishwasher, a vital part of my brewing equipment :cross: started getting loud. Last night it died so bad that it wont even light up a button, and theres water sitting in the bottom of it. Im guessing the motor burned up and took everything with it. Im about to pull it out, and take a look. I wouldnt even bother on here if it wasnt 2 weeks before Xmas, and the last gift i wanted to get for half a grand or more was a new dishwasher.
Is there any basic things I can check? when it was filling it was quiet but when the wash cycle would start or the quick rinse, RRRR RRRR RRRR. and it was just loud, didnt sound like metal a grinding. It died afte we went to bed so I dont know how bad a death scene it was. But now it acts like theres no power far as the control panel, and the brew pot that was in it was still dirty.
Any suggestions? Oh, and Im about to have a beer, a jubelale, so you can skip suggestion #1 :D
Thanks ahead of time for any thing positive negative or completely having nothing to do with this topic.
To the dishwasher........

well im not a dishwasher repairman, but as someone that has had dishwasher problems it sounds like a bad pump. dishwashers are mechanically simple, you can find diagrams of their functions online. it probably has a pump not too different than a march pump for brewing (centrifugal) and one or more of the blades broke off. I doubt it will help but, for regular maintenance PBW works great to keep a dishwasher clean and functional. It could be a burnt motor but I think a broken pump is a little more likely.

Maybe a blow circuit breaker? If something got caught in the pump or disposal unit, it might have cause it to over heat, thus tripping a breaker.

Generally, if the motor goes out, it will not affect the control panel indicators. Likewise, if the pump was bad, it ought to light up the indicators, and more than likely make some noise as the motor tries to spin the pump.

These things are actually usually very simple (unless you got a real fancy one) and I've always looked for parts for washers and dryers online and fixed myself. However, when our old dishwasher gave up the ghost, we got a new one, and LOVE it. Much better job cleaning dishes than the budget model we started with.

Back