Storing Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Criniit

Reaction score
Hey guys, those of you that use 12 ounce bottles what do you store them in? I have a big closet I can use to store all my brew but I'm not really sure what to put them in to be able to stack them. Tupperware box maybe? What do you guys use?

PS: Kegging is not an option because of lease.

bummerkit said:
there is a provision in your lease that specificaly prohibits kegging? :confused:

Im in college, and am living in a town house about a block away from it. The lease says they fine 600$ for every keg they find, my guess is it is to prevent big parties, but I haven't moved in yet (move in June 1st) and I don't want to buy kegs and then, have the land lord be strict about it. So it's bottles for me for awhile.

I keep the holders they came in. I also get boxes from the beer guy down the street.

Really I just posted this because of this message:

Hello RickWG it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

There, the site is happy with me now.

RickWG said:
I keep the holders they came in. I also get boxes from the beer guy down the street.

Really I just posted this because of this message:

Hello RickWG it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

There, the site is happy with me now.

I feel loved.

If I were in your position here's what i would do:

Go to Office Depot and get a few of their file storage boxes, commercial strength, the kind you assemble yourself. These will hold about 20 bottles. The get some light weight plywood or particle board and cut it to cover the box. Stack another box on top of this. If you put these in a closet, against a wall or in a corner you can probably stack 4 high. Thats 80 bottles. Take out of the top one, and put the dry empties back in, when full put on ground next it and stack up as you drink.

I forget what size off hand it is but the Post Office has flat rate boxes that hold 15 bottles perfectly...but then we get into the whole not using them for the intended use, blah blah blah

I recently had to buy some cases of empty bombers (22oz bottles) from my LHBS and I was pleasantly surprised how nice the boxes they came in were. They should easily last through about 6 batches worth of wear/tear before they give out on me...

Thinking now, they probably get their boxes from a standard supplier, like Uline.

would this work you think?

http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-4972

kvh

Back