St Edmunds ale by Green King Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pm5k00

Reaction score
LINK

I'm looking for a recipe for a clone of St. Edmunds by the Greene King Brewery in England. It's for a buddy of mine who recently came back from a vacation in the UK and really enjoyed this beer. Before his trip to the UK he was a BMC drinker so im trying to keep him on the right path, any help with a clone recipe would be greatly appreciated.

ps... he was just over helping me fix my AC and i gave him 2 pints of my Imperial Belgian Wit and he loved it!! he said he will have a very hard time going home and drinking his bud light now... got to love it.

Find a solid bitter recipe and swap in Cascade for the other hops. Sounds tasty to me.

Well one the official website they call it a "golden beer" and on beer advocate they call it a "English Pale Ale," which i know can be interchangeable with ESB..... I emailed the brewery but they were of no help, only telling me the same thing that was stated in the description on the website.

ok so i made up a recipe... if anyone who has drank this beer has some input I'd appreciate it.

St Edmunds Clone
Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale)

Recipe Specs
----------------
Batch Size (G): 5.5
Total Grain (lb): 8.500
Total Hops (oz): 2.50
Original Gravity (OG): 1.044 (°P): 11.0
Final Gravity (FG): 1.012 (°P): 3.1
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.21 %
Colour (SRM): 6.8 (EBC): 13.4
Bitterness (IBU): 39.4 (Tinseth)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 75
Boil Time (Minutes): 90

Grain Bill
----------------
7.500 lb Maris Otter Malt (88.24%)
1.000 lb Crystal 20 (11.76%)

Hop Bill
----------------
0.50 oz Admiral Pellet (10.6% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (First Wort) (0.1 oz/Gal)
1.00 oz Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil) (0.2 oz/Gal)
1.00 oz Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.2 oz/Gal)

Misc Bill
----------------

Single step Infusion at 152°F for 75 Minutes.
Fermented at 72°F with WLP005 - British Ale

Recipe Generated with BrewMate

Back