JBLM competition 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As zgreenside started the last one, I wanted to start this one for the 2015 event.

Anyone entered or plan on attending this year? I've got two entries into the show - a spiced amber and a peach cream ale.

I put in 7, just to get the feedback. I also worked as a Steward, so saw some of the judging, but had to arrive late and leave early. I only know how one beer I put in did, it was in the specialty category and was the only Wheat Malt Liquor entered. I just happened to be talking with the judge after the judging was done. Not sure what score I got, but it took a third. I'm putting 5 gallons of black american wheat in for the Brewfest on the 20th, and will go, but late.

I still haven't decided what I will be taking in for samples - was going to take my raspberry wheat but don't have the equipment to serve it - I keg into sankeys and keep them in the kegerator.

This is the first competition that I have entered. Looking mostly for feedback. I get lots of kudos from friends and relatives, but was looking for something more independent. Entered my all Saaz amber ale and my orange blossom honey wheat.

Brew on :mug:

Back