KMeta Sorbate SuperKleer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collitchboy

Reaction score
Good evening. I have done some searches but I cannot seem to find a definitive answer.

I have almost completed my first batch of Skeeterpee. Once the specific gravity is stable, can I transfer to a carboy then add the kmeta, sorbate and superkleer all at the same time? Or should I add the kmeta and sorbate then let it sit for a day or two and then add superkleer? The recipe instructions seem to say to add everything (though it calls for sparkalloid) all at the same time. I have read contradictory stuff though so I just wanted to see if it should be two steps or if it could really be just one step.

Thanks!

SuperKleer first. Then once it's clear and ready to bottle, you rack into the campden and sorbate (leaving the lees behind that were produced by the SuperKleer) in a new carboy. Wait three days then sweeten to taste. Wait three days (to ensure fermentation doesn't restart), then bottle.

Back