Denver ......Ahh Denver !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
This next work week is going to kill me ! 3 days, then I ship off to the land of drunken mind numbing GABF. I can't wait. To those of you who have been befor, the afternoon of the 11th (thurs) is it smart to line up when they open the center or should you wait and let the crowd go in first and then arrive late to avoid the stampede ? Also I posted awhile back about the best brewpub to hang out at during the fest and most recomend the Falling Rock. I was wondering when you guy's go there as the fest doors open at 5:30. Is this an all night style pub or just a place to go when your hungry and tired of the crowds ? Looking forward to seeing some of you guy's there. Cheers Gabe :mug:

We've been debating the same thing. How early is too early to show up? We definitely want to be of the early ones getting in. So far we've decided on about an hour ahead of time should work. What's been others experiences?

I'm SOOOO envious of you guys....particularly because I'm going to Denver on business and pleasure...but not until 5 days AFTER the convention ends.

/cry

Yes, the Falling Rock is the mecca of brew spots in town. I'd recommend getting there early! and yes, they are open late. Bars close at 2am in denver (bar time 1:45)

expect it to be shoulder to shoulder in there. You'll be better off on thursday then other nights. I'll be pouring on friday and at the members session saturday afternoon. Guessing i'll hit the falling rock afternoon on sat.

oh, the lines for the entrance...
people line up well in advance. If the weather is good, hit it early and bring a deck of cards. (much of the line will be in a coverd area) also when the doors open it moves at a decent clip.

tip: buy some string and make a pretzel necklace
gotta keep some food coming in and the salt helps the beer down!

pace yourself! My first time there, i got good and hammered really fast! 1oz tastes add up. scope out the breweries you want to hit and set a plan of attack!

davefleck said:
Yes, the Falling Rock is the mecca of brew spots in town. I'd recommend getting there early! and yes, they are open late. Bars close at 2am in denver (bar time 1:45)

expect it to be shoulder to shoulder in there. You'll be better off on thursday then other nights. I'll be pouring on friday and at the members session saturday afternoon. Guessing i'll hit the falling rock afternoon on sat.

Can't believe that you didn't pimp the cam.
http://www.fallingrocktaphouse.com/cam/

Back