Recipe Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laerck

Reaction score
Im following a recipe for an American weissbeer that calls for 1 lb. Munich Light Mast, however Im not entirely sure what specific grain they are calling for, since there are a lot of light munich grains out there, and Im still too new to the art of homebrew to want to try and guess.

Also does anyone know an White Labs equivalent to Wyeast 3056 Bavarian Weissen? I was thinking their 300 Hefeweizen Ale strain.

Here is the link to the recipe as well.

My guess is thats just a typo. Malt instead of mast. 3056 is a proprietary blend yeast, therefore there is nothing comparable. However, if you are making an American Wheat, I would suggest WLP 320 (American Hefe)... that is the Uerige strain that Widmer (Oregon) uses. 300 will throw lots more banana and clove than 320.

Ive decided to do this as a BIAB now, but have no idea what my strike or mash temp should be and how long the mash-in should be. Anyone with more experience able to point in the right direction for figuring this out, would rather find a good source of info so I can figure this kind of thing for myself in the future. I was thinking mash temp being 150ish at 30-45 min.

Back