Where do people get kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSean

Reaction score
I don't mean the 5 gallon soda kegs, I mean the full-sized kegs that I've seen turned into cool equipment [MLTs, boilers, etc.]. I eventually want to rig up a system like that, but I'm not sure where you guys are getting the kegs. Little help?

Got mine from the local scrap metal recyclers (damaged and donated by the distributor). Acquiring them legally is quite an issue. A quick search should help you learn more in this matter.......

To me this issue is quite simple. The only reason one should have reason to "Duck" is if they believe they have been placed on this planet to live as others prescribe.

Each individual person makes their own choices as to how they are going to live. There may be some adverse consequences to some of the things that we approve, and that may include others posting their opinions that do not approve of ones actions.

It may also include some people becoming angry at us, but that's just part and parcel of the completed package of what we accept, and not something I would choose to duck from.
:mug:

Hi all,

I just found this on the web. I have not checked it out.:mug:

Sabco is a great source for kegs and you can rest assured that they are legal:

Sabco Industries
4511 South Ave.
Toledo, OH 43615
(419) 531-5347
http://www.kegs.com

The best place to get kegs is from behind liquor stores or bars. They seem to always be sitting out by the back door...........just kidding.

malkore said:
ebay as well. there's a guy selling kegs turned into brewpots...
here's the link on an expired auction he just ran for such an item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/homebrewing-keg...ryZ38172QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I got mine from Pedalbiker. He posts here on occasion too. I don't know his source of kegs, but his final product is nice. You can even try to contact him directly via IM if you need something. That's what I'm planning to do when I get ready to finish my system.

Latest posts

Back