British Ale & other recipe questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tkelly32

Reaction score
So, as I was about to enter the recipe section for the first time I researched a bit before I came in regards to a beer I have just made and do not know what to say in regards to what I came across. Well, anyways this recent beer I made I used 60% Dark Wheat for it, not chocolate wheat but Dark Wheat. From what I have read on here regarding using Dark Wheat you should only use 1-5%?! I can attest to the fact that the beer I made with it is the best beer I have made thus far using 60% its delicious. But I want to know what everyone feels about using this much Dark Wheat? and also I have 7 lbs of Chocolate wheat but have been scared to use that in large quantities as well and feel that may be justified.

onto a beer that I recently cooked and is fermenting right now. I didn't have much around so I used 12 lbs. of Canadian two row some light hopping American hops and went with the Wyeast British Ale II yeast. Does anyone know what this would taste like or have a feel for it? The yeast at least? It is somewhat high in alcohol if all goes as planned with an OG of 1.058. any thoughts on any of this ramble are appreciated.

If it tastes good, it's a good beer. You brew to your taste, not to please other people.

British Ale II is fairly neutral, perhaps even as clean as Nottingham. Some might consider it "bland", but i like it, it's nicely balanced. The beer will be akin to contemporary British "golden ale", like Summer Lightning. I bet you will not be disappointed.

It tastes great. Very heavy on the alcohol and sweet, lightly malty with a hint of citrus. Very clean and crisp.

Latest posts

Back