The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with most about the hitchhiker. That was cruel and inhumane.

They are making it hard to even like the characters now, with Rick going nuts. Michone being such a loner, though bad ass. Glen being a little crazy. Andrea being the typical power whore she's always been... Hell even the Governor is willing to take people in and he's a total psycho. I definitely don't like the way the group is going.

Awesome episode though.

Rick has not had good luck with new people - the guys n the bar, the whole Woodbury group - and so many deaths in the group. How can he trust others??

One of the best episodes last night. If I had to rank it, I would rank it #3. Pilot episode #1 and when Sophie exits the barn #2.

The final scene of picking up the backpack was super funny. Especially the way they reiterated it on Talking Dead.

Rick needed Morgan to bring him back from crazytown.

I didn't know Morgan was British. Doesn't bother me....just didn't know. Those traps were an awesome idea that Morgan created. I wonder if Rick's group will borrow any of those ideas for the prison.

In memoriam: Sorry, no hitchhiking in the zombie apocalypse

but thanks for the backpack

& they'll put out a "welcome" mat. literally and/or figuratively

"Previously on" and "Next week on" seriously pisses me off on any show, and I go to great lengths to avoid this info for the weak minded.....especially the "Next week on" Where they pretty much give away the entire next episode. Why the hell would I watch it after you showed me what is going to happen!!?? Do you HONESTLY think you are being vague enough that we can't fill in the blanks of your predictable plot writing!!?? Oh, Grrrr!

Yeah, that bothered me at the mid-season break, when they cut off right before the big Merle-Daryl deathmatch, then show Daryl (and possibly Merle also?) running through the woods in the teaser clip. Well ok, now we know they don't die, so why bother with the big build-up? :mad:

The alternative (and almost as bad) that I've seen on other shows is using creative editing to show misleading clips of the next episode:

"Oh my God! What are you doing here?!"
*gunshot*
*close-up of character with horrified expression*
...and then it turns out to be three completely unrelated snippets from throughout the episode. Luckily, I don't recall TWD relying too much on that trickery.

This may have already been covered, but it has really been bothering me that they don't clear out the yard at the prison. All they would have to do is stand on the other side of the chain link fence and wait for zombies to come up to the fence and then stab them in the face. They've already done this exact same tactic before. Even if you couldn't get all of the zombies this way, it would certainly make it much easier/safer to then go into the yard and mop up the remainder.

This may have already been covered, but it has really been bothering me that they don't clear out the yard at the prison. All they would have to do is stand on the other side of the chain link fence and wait for zombies to come up to the fence and then stab them in the face. They've already done this exact same tactic before. Even if you couldn't get all of the zombies this way, it would certainly make it much easier/safer to then go into the yard and mop up the remainder.

they had done that before the Gov's people drove the zombie bomb into the yard. now they're too worried about snipers to clear them

makes sense keep the ones beyond the wire to deter outsiders, make people think the prison is overrun

Yeah, that bothered me at the mid-season break, when they cut off right before the big Merle-Daryl deathmatch, then show Daryl (and possibly Merle also?) running through the woods in the teaser clip. Well ok, now we know they don't die, so why bother with the big build-up? :mad:

The alternative (and almost as bad) that I've seen on other shows is using creative editing to show misleading clips of the next episode:

*gunshot*
...and then it turns out to be three completely unrelated snippets from throughout the episode. Luckily, I don't recall TWD relying too much on that trickery.

Dude I hate that. I have a very specific example of a misleading teaser that has bothered me for around a year because of what it has spawned among fans of a TV show. It grinds my gears so much that I won't get into it, plus there aren't many here who seem to watch that show anyway.

MANY SPOILERS BELOW! DON'T READ IF YOU HATE SPOILERS

I enjoyed the episode, I thought the bit about Morgan's wife biting Duane was so stupid. I'm fairly certain we'll see Morgan again. Probably after all the prison/woodbury arc. My guess is his clear will involve him destroying everything he created in Rick's home town and clearing his mind so he can move on with himself. So I guess he's going to burn it all down. Or at least everything he created in his psychosis.

Overall I thought it was one of the best episodes they've done in a long time. I think it did what the show does really well, takes a small group and tells a story. I think when you're dealing with 2 different scenes (woodbury and the prison) and having 10+ characters involved in the story it's easy for it to get confusing. With only 4 episodes left in the season it will be interesting to see how things go. I'm guessing they'll hold off on the big conflict between Woodbury and the Prison for season 4. Probably focus on the occasional small skirmish. They've already said season 4 was going to be more about character development than about "run and gun" So my guess is their goal in season 4 is to have more episodes like Clear, which would be fine by me. Some good small story lines.

They have a lot of loose ends that could use tying up. JMO the Governor has to die this season. If they want to show Woodbury post governor in season 4 fine but he has to die. I also seriously hope Tyrese's group is working with Rick's group as the snake in the nest or whatever line Glenn used in that episode.

Also will be interesting what happens with Merle. There has to be some closure there, he can't just turn he has to be sent to the prison with a mission (my guess is kill Michonne or Rick) my hope is that for easy resolution to any problems he dies in battle before he can do whatever it is he's supposed to.

FYI - It's not a spoiler if it's just your opinion about what you think will happen/needs to happen.

SMALL SPOILER EVERYONE'S PROBABLY SEEN ALREADY BELOW

I was more referring to Morgan being involved than anything else. To me that's a big spoiler for anyone who hasn't watched the episode since it was basically the crux of the story line.

That actor is a busy dude. I would say there's just as much of a chance that he's not in future episodes as there is he will be in more of them.

I would like for it to happen though. It would be awesome if he replaced Tyrese's role alongside Rick.

Problem I have with that is Tyrese is such a badass in the comics. I want someone on that level in the group. The closest to that would be Daryl I guess, but he's not even on Tyrese's level. So I'm hoping that they have a new asskicker come in. Heck maybe Morgan doesn't come back for a long time, maybe what you say is right, Tyrese is there then Morgan replaces him. I just hope they don't kill off Tyrese because they don't know how to write him in.

Problem I have with that is Tyrese is such a badass in the comics. I want someone on that level in the group. The closest to that would be Daryl I guess, but he's not even on Tyrese's level. So I'm hoping that they have a new asskicker come in. Heck maybe Morgan doesn't come back for a long time, maybe what you say is right, Tyrese is there then Morgan replaces him. I just hope they don't kill off Tyrese because they don't know how to write him in.

He is a super badass in comics. The comics are awesome.

One of the best episodes last night. If I had to rank it, I would rank it #3. Pilot episode #1 and when Sophie exits the barn #2.
Me too... I think. Sophia coming out of the barn completely blew my mind more than anything else on the show, quite possibly on ANY show (that I can remember and wasn't totally random/ex nihilo).

And as I mentioned in the thread before (and referred to again last night), the moment that really "made" the pilot episode truly great for me (and could have singlehandedly guaranteed my continued viewership) was actually right after leaving Morgan's house, when he goes back to the crawling torso in the park and says, "I'm sorry that this has happened to you" before blowing it away.

So the fact that he used the exact same line on the now-unconscious (but quite crazy) Morgan was a really cool send-up for me, especially with both episodes very likely being in my top-3.

*gunshot*

Gordon Ramsay (the British cook) has several shows that does this ALL TIME in previews and commercials, using fairly unrelated clips to (apparently) build entirely new narratives that never actually pan out, even though they would have been way more exciting.

The entire season of Gold Rush was pretty bad for that too.

I doubt Morgan will come back. That part reminded me of a video game. You walk around meet a character and they are stuck there. His character nick name would be Clearer. Thats all he does. Mini mission complete.

Or maybe I just play too many video games while drinking too much homebrew.

I doubt Morgan will come back. That part reminded me of a video game. You walk around meet a character and they are stuck there. His character nick name would be Clearer. Thats all he does. Mini mission complete.

You can have too much of either? :mug:

Next episode Rick goes back to Morgan's hide out and finds him lagged out, constantly walking into a wall.

Gordon Ramsay (the British cook) has several shows that does this ALL TIME in previews and commercials, using fairly unrelated clips to (apparently) build entirely new narratives that never actually pan out, even though they would have been way more exciting.

The entire season of Gold Rush was pretty bad for that too.

And dont forget the ever-so tricky Maury show on the DNA test days! When going into a break, they use audience reaction and guest reaction to trick you into thinking that it is one way or another, and a lot of the time, the acutal result is the opposite. "And the DNA test shows, you ARE the father!" Ha! Doest get better than that!

But I love The Walking Dead though... My SWMBO and I picked up very late to the series. We started watching early Feb, just in time for the 2nd half of Season 3. We watched Seasons 1 and 2 in 3 days on Netflix, then bought the first 8 episodes of Season 3 thru Amazon instant for $2/episode, and watched that in 2 days. We were able to pick up the new episodes live, but I loved watching it all straight thru, so now, we are hating having to watch commercials and having to wait a week for a new episode. :)

Got to say that this past one with Morgan back was my favorite. So good.

Yeah, I watched season 1 on Netflix and then a few weeks later I heard Season 2 was starting. I just so happened to upgrade cable at that midseaskn break so I started to DVR the repeats and caught up in time to wait for the season to resume. No wait and no commercials really spoil a person lol.

Carl needs to man up and bang Beth....or I will!

tumblr_miymdlCWtZ1qaferdo1_500.jpg

give the kid a break, he's twelve. not saying he shouldn't swing for the fences, but that's batting in a Class A park, he's still Little League

He is 1 of maybe 2 or 3 eligeable bachelors and the closest in age. I say he has pretty good odds!

Oh yeah! and F()CK CABLE!;)

First time she sang on the show, I was like "awwww" but I thought she was a teen actor. Before the second to last episode where she sang again, I googled and found she's 27. Since then, I've had a little crush on her.

He is 1 of maybe 2 or 3 eligeable bachelors and the closest in age. I say he has pretty good odds!

Oh yeah! and F()CK CABLE!;)

not saying he shouldn't keep stepping up to the plate, but I think it's gonna be awhile before she allows even a single.

when Carl tried to bunk with her to make sure she was alright, she did roll her eyes at Hershel.

First time she sang on the show, I was like "awwww" but I thought she was a teen actor. Before the second to last episode where she sang again, I googled and found she's 27. Since then, I've had a little crush on her.

There's something about her that I can't quite put my finger on...I really like her

Don't get too attached Carl - she gonna die...

I didn't quite get why the one prisoner guy was going all child molester on her, and then suddenly he was a good guy and was tragically shot.

I don't quite see the attraction to her, but if she is 27 I guess I will let you all slide.

I didn't quite get why the one prisoner guy was going all child molester on her, and then suddenly he was a good guy and was tragically shot.

I don't quite see the attraction to her, but if she is 27 I guess I will let you all slide.

Really? She's cute as hell. And the "child molestor" explained that he thought it was really the only female that wasn't taken, or a lesbian. When he found out Carol is NOT a lesbian, his interest in Beth pretty much waned. Not sure if there's really much of anything to "get" here.

Really? She's cute as hell. And the "child molestor" explained that he thought it was really the only female that wasn't taken, or a lesbian. When he found out Carol is NOT a lesbian, his interest in Beth pretty much waned. Not sure if there's really much of anything to "get" here.

I don't find her "cute as hell" that is your opinion you pervert.;)

I heard his explanation, and NO I have never been in prison or a post apocalyptic scenario, but unhealthy interest in children is creepy, sorry if we think differently!

I don't find her "cute as hell" that is your opinion you pervert.;)

I heard his explanation, and NO I have never been in prison or a post apocalyptic scenario, but unhealthy interest in children is creepy, sorry if we think differently!

She's 10 months older than me, not sure how that makes me a "perv"...

I would have figured her to be 17 or 18 in the show. In a post apocalyptic world, that is not a child,(unless it was my daughter ;)) especially to a guy that had been locked up for a while.

it doesn't matter the year the person was born when they look like that....

I could read this either way hoppy...she looks like a kid to me, so maybe that is why I don't find her attractive.

I hope you don't mean it the other way, because I have seen 14 year olds that look like grown women (with a little make-up) Definitely check ID.:D

Sorry! You aren't a perv Emjay. Thus the smiley ;)

I would have figured her to be 17 or 18 in the show. In a post apocalyptic world, that is not a child,(unless it was my daughter ;)) especially to a guy that had been locked up for a while.

16 is legal in Michigan ;)

Back