My first logo attempt.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluelinebrewer

Reaction score
Ok, thoughts/suggestions/criticism, whatever.... This is my first attempt so I'm completely open to suggestions

label.png

I like the premise, but the text is a bit hard to read..
The red "blotch" on the left side is a bit too eye stealing. I keep gravitating to that.

Yeah I see what ya mean. Maybe I tone down the red haze a little and change the text color. Any suggestions on a color? I also plan on changing the font, that one's kinda boring.

Get rid of the red blotch...it does nothing for me. Also, the bricks in the background...make them clear, not blue, just B&W will work.

Make the star red. It gives you the red, white & blue theme everyone seems to be using to indicate "American".

Heres a little different one. I hadnt read 99s comments before I did it, but I'll go back and try those as well. There is somewhat of a theme I'm going for and the "blue wall" is kinda symbolic. I'll toy with the idea though.

label2.png

Ok, here's one I did following 99's suggestions.

label3.png

If anyone could tell me how to bold the font on Inkscape, I'd be happy to do it!! Been pulling my hair out trying to figure out how!

Ahhhh, as is Bar Room Hero!! I don't think they have written a bad one to date.... Have they?? :rockin:

I use Paint.NET and Gimp. What does it say in the middle of the star in the second and third image.

The red star makes it look decidedly communist rather than American. I like the overall idea, though. The gray brick looks awesome, but if blue has a bit of personal meaning, how about tweaking the color on that layer to give it a bluish hue? For a red, white, and blue theme, some red-tinged bricks, a blue line, and a white star would have a very patriotic appearance.

I have a bit of time to kill...I'll give it a hack in GIMP if you like. What's the font?

Sure Yuri, anything would be great. Font is Bradley Hand. The center of the star says "Fir Na Dli". It's Irish for Men of law. It ties in to the blue line and the blue wall thing. It's a cop thing.

Ok, here's my attempt. Each element has its own layer, so I can give you any or all of the layers in separate files. The original is about 1600 pixels wide. I used a free font called Hand of Sean.

EDIT: I'll add that I'm not a big fan of the lettering inside the star, but I did the best I could with it. I think I'd rather omit it.

Nice work Yuri. I wonder if the text originally inside the star could be in a small font perhaps somewhere in the black area if the OP wants it?

Damn Yuri, that looks awesome. I don't really care if the text is in the star or not, it was more of a last minute thought type of thing.

I'm glad you like it. PM me your e-mail address if you want the original image or any specific elements from the image. I'll send whatever common format you'd like (jpg, TIFF, png, etc).

Um i dont think i have found one yet, you got their whole discography ?

:off:

Nope, but I got quite a few of their songs dl'd. I've seen em twice in concert, and currently trying to get the SWMBO to go to Boston for St. Patty's Day!! We actually hung out with Scruffy Wallace before the show and did a shot of Jack with him. Really super nice guy.

IMG000011.jpg

Irregular I thought about that, it is a little hard to read. I also thought about taking the "Company" thing completely off of the label. Comments?

:off: as well.
Jealous Scruffy is a god, i have there whole discography been a fan for a long time. I have seen 'em once in concert damn epic, love how they start off with Foggy Dew, gives me the chills every time.

Yeah, he is the $hit!! Their concerts are unbelievable!! Yeah, the Foggy Dew gives me the chills as well, downloaded it to the iPod... love it

I like it and agree with the lot of the other replys.

My suggestion is to have the text, not circle full around, have the top part normal wrap, and the other part a reverse so that the text can be read right to left. if this makes since to you, I can send over something like what I have designed similar.

But looks good other then that!

The "blue line" name & your words "it's a cop thing" (from an earlier post) tell me you want to play up the police bit ala "The Thin Blue Line." While I like Yuri's attempts, especially the blue brick background, his design overall looks very much like the US Air Force emblem. Nothing wrong with AF, it just doesn't say "cop" to me.

What about using his blue brick background with some actual cop lights over? You could use Yuri's bricks as the background, and a good photo of a police car light bar (the LED type look really good in the dark) over that. If you can, try using a REALLY bright light effect for your blue line & make it as intense/vivid/bright blue as you can so it stands out, that's the name afterall. If it were me, I'd drop the star completely, it's "Blue Line," not "Blue Star."

If you do decide to keep the star, try placing the text "Company Est. 2008" (or whatever the date is) right side up, it'll be much easier to read that way. Maybe replace the star with a shield? Like a badge. These are just a few ideas I had, I hope you find them useful. Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back