my second batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull

Reaction score
well its been in the bottles now for 10 days ,itried one two days ago ,its a coopers extract IPA with a body builder kit and two and three quarters cup of brown sugar,when i opened the bottle it popped nicley,when i poured it it was a very nice medium color and a head that just wouldnt go away ,love that head ,lmao,it did infact turn out very good even though it blew my top off of my carboy during fermintation ,it has a slight hoppy smell when you start to drink it ,has a very smooth nice mouthfeel and it goes down oh so sweet ,it has a very distinct finish with very little after taste a small hint of brown sugar right at first ,it is truley why we brew our own beer ,WOW ,i am hooked forever,any one wants the recipe and where i got all the stuff to brew it just ask ,a beer this good cant be kept to myself ,happy brewing to all ,william (BULL)buck:mug:

Well, since no one else has replied, I thought I'd take a moment and say "congrats"!

:mug:

I was really amazed when I tried the first beer I brewed (which was just last fall, and I've got about 10 or 11 batches under my belt now), and it was really good! It was a porter from a kit and I couldn't believe how good it was. I thought the first few batches would be mediocre at best, but was expecting horrible.

So, yeah, I was pretty hooked on this "hobby" from the get go, and was kicking myself for waiting so long before actually giving it a try. (It was at least ten years ago when I first thought about brewing my own.)

I am new to brewing and I get as much satisfaction out of brewing beer as drinking it. It's a great hobby.

thanks for the replies ,i really didnt mean to go on and on like that but ,you know how it is ,thanks and hopefully many more great brew days .bull

So, if you don't mind posting the recipe I would love to give it a try. If you could also supply some of your info. OG, FG, batch size. etc. I have been looking at IPA recipes and if this tastes as good as you made it sound I think I'll give it a try. Did you dry hop?

nuclearguy said:
So, if you don't mind posting the recipe I would love to give it a try. If you could also supply some of your info. OG, FG, batch size. etc. I have been looking at IPA recipes and if this tastes as good as you made it sound I think I'll give it a try. Did you dry hop?
,ok this is where i got all my stuff and how i did it ,go to ,by the way i am not an emploie or do not get any roylities from defalcos ,so ,go to defalcos .com,get the brew masters series coopers ipa extract,on the same site window order the medium body builder kit ,when it arrives throw away the yeast that is attached to the can of extract ,use only the yeast and yeast starter that comes in the body builder kit ,i use a pur water filter on my tap ,put two gallons of water in the pot ,bring to a boil ,turn off heat move pot of burner,pour in the extract stir till it is diluited then add two and 3 quarters cup of brown sugar ,pack it in the measure cup ,not loose ,pour it in the mix stir till dissolved add the lme that comes with the kit ,stir till disolved,bring back to a boil ,be careful it will over flow if your not ,bring to a good slow boil dont try to kill it ,at the point when it starts boiling add half of the hops ,stir it with a good clean stainless spoon keep the hops moving in the boil dont let them stick to the sides of the pot ,at 30 min.turn off the flame ,add the rest of the hops ,move from flame stir till the pellets are disolved ,cool to 70 degrees ,add the wort to the fermenter its ok to splash it at this point in fact i splashed it alot ,add the yeast add the yeast food to the wort then add the yeast that came with the bodybuilder kit.it is best use a blow off tube,or it will blow your air off and stick it in your ceiling ,i know first hand ,lmao,do not worry about the gravity reading ,as this will only add to your worries about ,hey did i do this right ,store your fermentor at 68 to 72 degrees ,period ,wait 10 days ,rack to a secondary carboy ,wait 14 days , rack to the bottling bucket add the priming sugar that came with the body building kit ,the whole little package ,stir very gently but stir it to mix in priming sugar ,wait 5 min ,stir gently again ,then start bottleing ,when you have bottled one third of it stir it again ,gently ,when you have bottled two thirds of it stir it again ,gently ,finish bottling ,all the gentle stirring is so the sugar for some wierd reson does not settle out during bottling ,i know it sounds goofy but just do it ,once you have bottle move to a controled room ,where you can pretty much keep the temp at 72 degrees ,plus or minus one degree ,on the third day pop the top on one after it has been cooled for two hours in the fridge ,it is going to be very bright tasting almost is going to take your breath away ,at one week try one ,it will make you dsay wow ,it is going to be good ,at two weeks bottled you are going to swear you are the best home brewer in the world ,but hey thats just me ,lmao,and thats how i did it ,and nope didnt dry hope while it was fermenting or in the secondary .truly yours bull

ok so there ya go if you have any more questians before you start or you feel i may have left sny thing out please fill free to ask ,if oyu do exactly how i said do it you will see the light ,lol ,or the ground or the floor lol ,.bull

one other thing ,before you add the priming sugar ,bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil ,take off the heat ,add priming sugar stir till disolved ,bring it back toa boil ,for a few seconds then take off heat cool and add ,bull

Congrats on the succesful brews! Welcome to the addicting hobby. :mug:

One word of advise when posting. Hit enter ocassionally so your text isn't a big wall. Makes it easier to read. :)

If you have questions, feel free to ask. Most on here are pretty friendly.

Nothing like that first time you sink you lips into a brew YOU made and go "Wow! Tha's as good or better than I could buy!"

What are you brewing next?

i think im going to try a blackberry wheat next ,i had picked about 7 gals. a few weeks ago ,will tell ya how its going ,will maybe get to order tommorrow,bull

hey how do yall get to put on your qoutes the brews you have made and are drinking.you know at the end of your messages .do you have to type that in every time or is it a thing you can enter and just hit a button and it attaches or what ,helppppp ,bull

bull said:
hey how do yall get to put on your qoutes the brews you have made and are drinking.you know at the end of your messages .do you have to type that in every time or is it a thing you can enter and just hit a button and it attaches or what ,helppppp ,bull

go to the (user cp) then go to Edit Signature

Back