New Homebrew Club in Libertyville, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudbuddy

Hang on, I had something for this
Reaction score
Hi Chicago area homebrewers,

I just wanted to let you know that a new homebrew club is forming in Lake County. Meetings will be held at Perfect Brewing Supply in Libertyville, and the first meeting is Wed. the 11th from 6-8 PM. The club is not affiliated with the shop, but it is a really good place to meet. Elections will probably be held at the second meeting, but so far we are expecting a big turn out (20-30 people so far). This isn't to compete with Babble or Club Wort, and members from other clubs are more than welcome to come check us out. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

John

This isn't to compete with Babble or Club Wort
That's right it isn't! After all, competition assumes some degree of challenge. Prepare thyselfs, brewers of northern Illinois, for the new Brewreich! :rockin:

What's the new club called, anyway? Hopefully something that strikes terror into the hearts of the compet... ur, members of other clubs.

The Dukes of Mash and Sparge (DMS)?

See ya there.

Errol

That's right it isn't! After all, competition assumes some degree of challenge. Prepare thyselfs, brewers of northern Illinois, for the new Brewreich! :rockin:

What's the new club called, anyway? Hopefully something that strikes terror into the hearts of the compet... ur, members of other clubs.

The Dukes of Mash and Sparge (DMS)?

See ya there.

Errol

Hahaha Errol I love it. Come to the meeting, hopefully a name will be decided on then.

Hey folks, our next meeting is this Thursday, April 16 at Perfect Brewing Supply starting at 6 PM. We'll be deciding on a name, electing officers and laying out the structure of the club. Bring a homebrew and join the fun!

I was at the meeting on 4/16, is it ok to wish meetings were weekly?

I missed this when it was first posted. I was at the first meeting. I’m associated with BABBLE, we are looking forward to doing some collaboration with you guys. PM me with some contact info so we can get planning. We don't see any clubs in the area as competition, just more brewers to play beer with. Best of luck and welcome.

Back