Bottling, interrupted- big problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Jewbeard

Reaction score
So I get through 4 of my 5 gallons of Weizenbock, all nice and bottled, and then (!) I realize I hadn't salvaged as many bottles of the previous brew as I thought I had done... so I basically slapped the lid on tight to the bottling bucket.

I did this late last night (midnight/1-ish), and plan to bottle the last gallon at around 3:30 this afternoon. Will it be okay, now that the priming sugar is in there, or do I ditch my last mouth-watering gallon?

P funky said:
So I get through 4 of my 5 gallons of Weizenbock, all nice and bottled, and then (!) I realize I hadn't salvaged as many bottles of the previous brew as I thought I had done... so I basically slapped the lid on tight to the bottling bucket.

I did this late last night (midnight/1-ish), and plan to bottle the last gallon at around 3:30 this afternoon. Will it be okay, now that the priming sugar is in there, or do I ditch my last mouth-watering gallon?

you should be fine, although I would try to get that last gallon bottled before the priming sugar gets fermented out! Otherwise it will never carbonate in the bottles!:mug:

Latest posts

Back