Looking for someone in the Phoenix area...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've done 6 batches now and while I've learned a lot from this message board, I know I would learn a lot more by watching someone who's experienced and just seeing how they do things. I've only done extract batches so far and feel like I'm not ready for all grain, nor do I have the equipment to attempt it.

I'm looking for someone who's in the Chandler, Gilbert, SE Mesa or even south Scottsdale area that wouldn't mind a guest for a brew day and/or bottling day. I can bring a few home brews to trade for your time and knowledge.

If anyone's interested please feel free to hit me up. My name's Jay.

Jay, I just moved to Chandler about 3 months ago and might be brewing here soon. Right now all my stuff is at a friend's house in Gilbert and I will probably brew there once more before moving it to the new place. I'll check with him to see if he has any issues inviting a stranger over to his place. I don't, but he might.

Anyways, name is Chris and if you want, send me a PM & I'll give you my contact info.

I know brewer's connection in Tempe does brew days. I've been trying to figure out when the next one is. If I'm successful I'll let you know.

Jay, I just moved to Chandler about 3 months ago and might be brewing here soon. Right now all my stuff is at a friend's house in Gilbert and I will probably brew there once more before moving it to the new place. I'll check with him to see if he has any issues inviting a stranger over to his place. I don't, but he might.

Anyways, name is Chris and if you want, send me a PM & I'll give you my contact info.

Awesome. Thanks!

I can vouch for Soper. He's not a creep or anything. :D

Isn't there a brewclub called ASH or ASHES or something like that in your area?

Hey everyone. I've done 6 batches now and while I've learned a lot from this message board, I know I would learn a lot more by watching someone who's experienced and just seeing how they do things. I've only done extract batches so far and feel like I'm not ready for all grain, nor do I have the equipment to attempt it.

I'm looking for someone who's in the Chandler, Gilbert, SE Mesa or even south Scottsdale area that wouldn't mind a guest for a brew day and/or bottling day. I can bring a few home brews to trade for your time and knowledge.

If anyone's interested please feel free to hit me up. My name's Jay.

you don't have to fear all grain. it really is no harder than extract, it just takes longer. stick with extract and start piecing together your AG setup. I took my time building mine due to being a starving student but I also made sure to do it right with expansion in mind. but in the mean time try some partial mashes and stove top all grain. Death Brewer has a great thread on easy stovetop AG. that being said, brew days are always more fun with a friend!

I am brewing Sunday. I will be brewing a Helles lager. It will be an all grain, decoction mash. I plan to start at about 6:00am. My brew days normally last for about 6 hours. You are welcome to come by if you would like for a part of it or all of it.

Unfortunately I have no experience in extract brewing so I am not much help there. I am over in Gilbert.

m.

I am brewing Sunday. I will be brewing a Helles lager. It will be an all grain, decoction mash. I plan to start at about 6:00am. My brew days normally last for about 6 hours. You are welcome to come by if you would like for a part of it or all of it.

Unfortunately I have no experience in extract brewing so I am not much help there. I am over in Gilbert.

m.

And here is where my problem comes into play. Haha. I don't get off of work until 3am and am usually asleep by 6. I would love to drop by, but that hour is a definite no go for me. Thanks for the invite though. I hope you make something extremely tasty.

I live in Chandler, and you're welcome to join me for a brew day. I always brew early as well though, so if you're up for coming over around 7AM. My next brewday will be right around Halloween. Either brewing a California Common, or a Spotted Cow clone, not sure which yet.

I am down in the outer reaches of Maricopa (about 10 miles out of town). I am doing kitchen/stovetop/indoor all grain brewing right now.

I have a pumpkin pie ale I will be doing in the next few days. I am not currently working so my schedule is pretty open. I am thinking either Sunday, Monday or Tuesday of next week. Let me know if you are interested. I will be up in Chandler tomorrow to run some errands (and another brewstore run) so maybe we can meet up for coffee or something?

I am down in the outer reaches of Maricopa (about 10 miles out of town). I am doing kitchen/stovetop/indoor all grain brewing right now.

I have a pumpkin pie ale I will be doing in the next few days. I am not currently working so my schedule is pretty open. I am thinking either Sunday, Monday or Tuesday of next week. Let me know if you are interested. I will be up in Chandler tomorrow to run some errands (and another brewstore run) so maybe we can meet up for coffee or something?

Bah Coffee? Beer! Was thinking about having one tonight at the Hungry Monk around 5-5:30ish. Trying to invite dfc, but his PM box is full. Will you still be in the area?

DFC, I'll call you this afternoon.

Would Pinetop be too far to add into that? :D

Depends. If there's sufficient advanced notice a trip could be arranged in my case. It wouldn't make sense to turn around same day however so I'd have to arrange to stay overnight which might be a sticky point with the wife. But who knows.

Latest posts

Back