The portland Me brew shop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g_rath

Reaction score
For all of you Portland / Maine people I just went to the new LHBS in Portland and it seemed pretty good. He seemed to be a nice guy. The store was well stocked with hops, yeast and grains (bulk grains are out back you have to ask for them). He even has a table and chairs and some over stuffed chairs to hang out in and talk beer. He also has some micro brews to buy, you know to hold you over while you are brewing. Not to mention that he is also right next to the Great Lost Bear. (For those that don’t know, that GLB has about 50-60 local/micro brews on tap and great food.) If any one else has been there let me know what you thought.

I just visited this store as well being from brunswick I was all excited about a new store opening up. I was really impressed with the selection as well. Even though I am still an extract brewer I didnt want to buy a "kit" when I called and talked to Rob he was really helpful and told me to just bring in a recipe and he would help me convert it and get all of the ingredients togather for me. I will definatly be looking forward to going back to the shop and drop some more cash( with wifey approval lol). I also cant wait until this saturday to brew my honey blonde ale he helped me get togather. I have already recommended the store to 2 other HBer's that I know. Brady

They are also very well stocked with hops, and yeasts, which I was surprised about.

There is another HBS just south of portland in Scarborough. They had a similar collection about 8 years ago, but has since reduced there homebrew supplies to mostly extracts, and kits.

nick

i am a frequent shopper of the maine brew supply. I just dropped 150 on some kits and random stuff. I like Rob he is a pretty nice guy willing to help you out with anything. I bought a witbier kit that i am in 2nd stage with right now and am going to turn that into a blueberry witbier. Really excited about it. I know i am looking for a group to get together with and talk about beer brewing and things of that nature

:tank:

Back