Blichmann Beer Gun - Additional Parts Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstrohs

Reaction score
I am going to purchase a Blichmann Beer Gun and I would like to know what parts I need to buy in addition to the base product. I currently have a dual body regulator, in which one line goes to a 2 way distributor and the other goes to a 3 way distributor. All 5 lines have a 1/4" MFL to 5/16" barb swivel nut that connect to the gas disconnects.

I know that one gas line needs to connect to the keg and the other to the gun, but I just don't know what parts I need. Thanks.

P1010432.jpg

P1010433.jpg

A liquid ball-lock disconnect, a 5ft length of hose for your CO2 line with 1/4 stainless flare connectors on each end, one stainless 1/4 disconnect and stainless clamp (for the 10ft beer hose that comes with the BeerGun), and a brass 1/4 NPT X 1/4 flare adapter for connecting to the CO2 valve on the BeerGun. Requires a spare CO2 port and shutoff valve on your regulator.
-Right from their website describing the beer gun conection kit

When I bought it (and, according to Northern Brewer, now as well), the Beergun comes with the gun, a scrub brush, and ten feet of liquid tubing.

All other hookups need to be bought separately. What exactly that means depends on your system, but it could include:

For liquid transfer
1) a barbed liquid quick disconnect for your type of keg (or a flare disconnect plus appropriate flare-to-barb fitting)

For purging
2) a gas line with flare connects at one end and a way of hooking up to your CO2 tank at the other (see 3).

3) It looks like you've got a manifold with a spare line, which is great. If that's the case, you're fine. Otherwise, you'll need some kind of splitter coming out of your CO2 talk to allow you to pressurize your keg and run directly to the beer gun simultaneously. Also, some kind of shut off valve.

If I'm understanding your system properly, it looks like you just need a spare liquid disconnect.

When I bought it (and, according to Northern Brewer, now as well), the Beergun comes with the gun, a scrub brush, and ten feet of liquid tubing.

All other hookups need to be bought separately. What exactly that means depends on your system, but it could include:

For liquid transfer
1) a barbed liquid quick disconnect for your type of keg (or a flare disconnect plus appropriate flare-to-barb fitting)

For purging
2) a gas line with flare connects at one end and a way of hooking up to your CO2 tank at the other (see 3).

3) It looks like you've got a manifold with a spare line, which is great. If that's the case, you're fine. Otherwise, you'll need some kind of splitter coming out of your CO2 talk to allow you to pressurize your keg and run directly to the beer gun simultaneously. Also, some kind of shut off valve.

If I'm understanding your system properly, it looks like you just need a spare liquid disconnect.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

If you want to use the trigger button to purge with CO2, you need the 1/4 NPT to 1/4 Flare adapter, it does NOT come with the beergun kit. I picked mine up at a home depot for 2.50, I just take a gas line from a keg and screw it into the fitting, but you could make a dedicated beergun line too I suppose.

got a brass 1/4 NPT X 1/4 flare adapter for connecting to the CO2 valve on the BeerGun at lowes for under 2 bucks. No need for an accessory kit, especially if you have ball lock.

Back