Any luck with 100% fruit juice wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Juice/wine fermented for three days then stopped. I used champagne yeast since I wanted a dryer wine. I also only added 1/2 amount of sugar called for. Was that my problem, not enough food for the yeast?

It might be finished with the visible part of the fermentation. Give it a full week; 2 weeks at the longest, then rack it to another carboy to get it off the sediment (and don't forget to taste a sample)

13 days in the primary and fermentation has basically come to a stop, racked into secondary this morning and the aeration kicked it back to a decent bloop.
a sample tasting revealed a light reunite lambrusco taste. color is awesome. definitely drinkable but another week in the secondary should help. doesn't seem to need anymore sweetness for me at the moment as its come out as a semi sweet right now and that's perfect for me. could change in a week though. will update in a week but so far so good:)

White grape juice concentrate is a PITA to find around here too. Actually any white grape juice without sorbate.

I just used this black mullberry for a test. Its rather expensive but its 100% pressed juice. Not from concentrate. My father wanted a STRONG mullberry wine so i used EC1118. Its bubbling away like mad ATM.

http://smartjuice.us/our-juices/

This juice turned out insanely good. Very very good black mulberry flavor remains and sweet. I need to check my notes on amount of sugar added. It is still nicely sweet.

Back